Hey everyone, it's Steve from Chewy Entertainment, I booked the bands at Dotties from 1996-1999. I remember Team Rollers, Baked, Tone Deaf Pig Dogs. We booked about 4ooo acts there during that period. Had the time of my life and who could forget the back patio!
yeah, because Grant Park is miles away and isn't a park
Yes, Dottie's was a fun place to be. I played there with the Tone Deaf Pig-Dogs in 1996. We had our Can O' Whoop-Ass 7 inch release party there. Not many places were as cool as Dottie's.
Really, CL? You're somehow against demolishing an abandoned building that has sat vacant for years and is now a source of blight in the neighborhood? Regardless of anyone's feelings about condo monstrosities you can't seriously be in favor of not demolishing this piece of crap.
""She admitted that she was drinking and driving,' attorney Jackie Patterson told reporters following her arrest. 'That is not against the law in Georgia.'"
I'd hate to be a criminal defense attorney and have to read transcripts of what effluent flows from my mouth.
I thought Ted had "commented" on the development shortly after it happened, although the response always had the whiff of being a press release.
I miss Lenny's.
Urban Realty Partners (Oakland Park, The Reynolds). They are building an apartment complex with 1 bedroom units.
My cat thinks he's a mountain lion.
tipsforjesus is one of the paypal founders, right?
i think the jesus part is supposed to be facetious.
Fulton County State Court Judge Susan Edlein was a litigation partner at Holland & Knight (Kasim Reed's old firm), and was a member of his exploratory committee in 2008, right?
i wonder if she's the type to help out a friend of a friend with dismissed charges?
The Coming Medicaid Cost Explosion http://bit.ly/glp4mz
So... we don't know anything about what's going in next? b/c I noticed another demolition on Memorial and when I inquired, many said the City is knocking things down for re-sale but nothing slated to go up yet. http://imgur.com/a/H6EMU?
so many amazing nights both DJing and dancing there. from back in the day Team Rollers, to playing the likes of Le Tigre, Franz Ferdinand, etc . . . good farkin times.
"...surely making room for another living-shopping-condo-monstrosity experience, or something else that's equally as atrocious..."
One of my favorite places to play in the mid 90's. Probably because we could sneak out on the back porch between sets.. :) Probably the only place I played in full scuba gear, but I might be mistaken there. We were Baked...and that was also the name of our band.
I hope whoever replaces him has as good a mustache as his.
i'd love to see a definitive list of the bands that played Dottie's and the old Lenny's.
by the way, the 20th is a friday.
Do you know if Rep. Morris's monument will use the following Ten Commandments for Georgia Politicians?
1. Thou shalt not have any other gods before me unless they provide campaign contributions.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain except to score a political point.
3. Thou shalt not kill except in the case of the death penalty
4. Thou shalt not commit adultery unless thy publicly apologize and beg forgiveness.
5. Thou shalt not steal unless it is taxpayer money.
6. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor unless thy neighbor is thy election opponent.
7. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, nor covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor’s, but it’s okay to covet everything else.
8. Thou shalt not offer health care to the needy.
9. Thou shalt not offer quality education to children.
10. Thou shalt not address the needs of the less fortunate.
Creative Loafing Atlanta
Powered by Foundation