Lover of Atlanta, dogs, wine, rap music, and politics. Owner of a mid-century ranch in the city. Living the dream. :)
As a white person, I am over here rolling my eyes at the woman who thinks white people's rights are "going down the tube." I don't even know where to begin.
I live in SW Atlanta and I love it here. I don't fear for my life, I have never (knock on wood) had my house or car broken into, I never hear gunshots, my neighbors are friendly, and best of all, my house was cheap. I've been here a year and a half now, and the only time I think about moving is when I'm commuting to my job in Buckhead and traffic is terrible.
Every time I see an article or story on SW Atlanta, I have a glimmer of hope that someone will write something positive that reflects my experiences here. I'm disappointed once again.
If you don't like the clubs, why did you move to the area? They were probably there before you, and they were probably breaking sound ordinances before you.
Same for the folks in Castleberry Hill bitching about tailgaters during football season. Don't purchase property in an area and then expect it to change to meet your current status. I live near a part of town that makes CBR seem like Buckhead, yet I am not out begging for change. I knew what I was getting when I moved here.
I'll second that Patrick. We live in Cascade Heights - we are in the city limits, and ITP, but we never get mentioned as a neighborhood. We all just get lumped into "SW Atlanta." That being said, I love all of our neighboring 'hoods (almost bought in West End and Capitol View), and part of me doesn't want the secret to get out. Only the really cool people live here. :)
Last I saw, 80% of the $200 million was coming from hotel and motel tax. Where's the other 20% coming from?
Not to mention, if it's OK to tax guests of Atlanta, why not tax them for something important like schools, roads, public transit, or fixing our homeless problem?
The amphitheater is NOT in the middle of nowhere. Just because it's not in Buckhead or Alpharetta doesn't mean it's worthless. South Fulton deserves the same amenities as the rest of Fulton County.
All Comments »
Creative Loafing Atlanta
Powered by Foundation