Sir: if you can find material for your act please spread it around. Funny as this stuff may be, the Biblical cites are solid. Enjoy.
CONDESCENDING SUPERCILIOUS GAY BASHER BASHING FOR BEGINNERS
ABOMINATIONS ??? Gay bashers? Let’s see: eating shellfish is an “abomination” as is homosexuality, so says, Biblical Leviticus’ proclamations. Yet, we Americans cannot reject a Maine lobster tail drawn in butter.
Fact is, regardless any authority, shellfish eating is here to stay and no one cares who eats stuffed crab or Cherrystone clams.
Likewise, homosexuality, permanently ingrained in our human being, is equally here to stay, will not change and must integrate with complete equality for justice to reign in our Great Nation.
Gay bashers save your breath for other bashing; such as, perhaps, adulterers. I mean, here, God devoted an entire Commandment. Better: leave peaceful peoples sexuality alone and enroll in an anger management program.
Then, the Gay community can live in peace and our Country will be better served.
Importantly, Gay bashers will have a chance to outrun bigotry, homophobic fear, hateful violence; and, with extra-good anger management therapy, maybe, just maybe, control those fitful tempers.
Leave the Gay community alone. There is nothing wrong with being Gay that two or
three generations of equality won’t cure.
When ultra-right wing Christians denigrate the homosexual lifestyle, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an “abomination” for men; and, only men who “lie” together. I mean, nothing is said concerning women or oral sex. Sooo…, what’s with involving Lesbian folks in the religious debate?
Regarding some other elements of Biblical rules and how to follow them, I also wonder:
1. Leviticus 11:10. “And all that have not fins and scales in the seas…, they shall be an “abomination” unto you.” A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination; it is a lesser abomination than being Gay. I don't agree. I think an abomination is an abomination; thus, eating fried
oysters is equivalent to Gay (males) on the Leviticus abomination scale. Can anyone settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
2. Leviticus 20:20, “And if a man shall lie with his uncle’s wife…, they shall die childless.” Is this worse than the abominations of eating crab Louie or being a Gay male? And, why does death for adultery escape God’s notice here?
3. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians? Can my slaves be Gay as long as they are not Jewish?
4. I would like to sell my Daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her? Also, Since God clearly favors homosexual females (by withholding the admonishment of abomination as reserved for Gay men): do you think I could get a better price advertising her as a Lesbian?
5. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
6. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1: 9. The problem is: my neighbors. They claim the odor is not so pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
7. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2, clearly states that he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
8. Lev. 21:20. “Or crookback, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye” may not approach the altar of God. Does this include a defect in my sight? I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?
9. Lev. 21:21. “No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire.” Is this the authority by which ultra-right wing Christians often state: “If he’s got one drop of Jew blood he is of the Devil”? And, speaking of Aaron. How can he die twice? Once on Mt. Hor (Numbers: 20:26-29) and some time latter in Mosera (Deut. 10.6). Is there a Resurrection story missing here?
10. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
11. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
12. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14).
There are many other questions one can ask. Especially, why are ultra-right wing Christians so obsessed with Gay people; yet, ignore those who: “lieth” with his father's wife; “lie” with his daughter-in-law; take a wife and her mother; “curseth” his father or his mother, or “committeth” adultery. All as death
sentence worthy, according to Leviticus, as if a man lies with a man.
Agreed, it is abundantly clear: God's word is eternal and unchanging. I mean, Leviticus has been the same for 5000 years and is not going to change.
It is we who change: today homosexuality and eating shellfish religious attention, rightfully, commands far less credence. In fact, hardly anyone knows eating shrimp as an “abomination.” We long ago found that shrimp scampi and the likes were no abomination at all and too delicious to pass up. So, with little
compunction, over time, we equalized shellfish with other foods we enjoy.
Accordingly, allow Gay folks privacy with equality and in a couple of generations no one will care about the present day stigmata of homosexuality any more than we notice today’s diners enjoying Hawaiian prawns or poached Maine lobster drawn in lemon butter.
HB 87 is more of the same racist discriminatory actions White Georgia politicians in the majority have always touted. Only, today, they hide behind thin curtains of law, and spew their hate filled vitriol in the Latin immigrant direction.
I live here, in Georgia, a long time resident; and, I know for an unequivocal fact: Georgia is home to many of the most hateful racists in the world. And with no doubt in any Georgian’s mind, only slightly hidden racism is rampant in our state politics. Here, HB 87 is proof positive the old time racists are at it again.
Old time favorite racists like Joe Wilson, Georgia’s counterpart to “you lie” Joe Wilson (all these racists look alike), old buddy of Gov. Deal and the rest of those fellow travelers, shows off Georgia political racism in full unbridled pride in Miller V. Johnson (515 U.S. 900, 115 S. CT. 2475, U.S.Ga, 1995).
In the opinion, our Great Nation’s SCOTUS shows you how racists Georgia politicians pulled every string in the book to keep Georgia’s Black population out of the voting booths. The Court quotes Joe Wilson, the racist Georgia legislator: “I don't want to draw nig_ger districts.”
These Court decisions and congressional directions significantly reduced voting discrimination against minorities. In the 1972 election, Georgia gained its first black Member of Congress since Reconstruction, and the 1981 apportionment created the State's first majority-minority district.FN1 This voting district, however, was not gained easily. Georgia created it only after the United States District Court for the District of Columbia refused to preclear a predecessor apportionment plan that included no such district-an omission due in part to the influence of Joe Mack Wilson, then Chairman of the Georgia House Reapportionment Committee.**2502 As Wilson put it only 14 years ago, “ ‘I don't want to draw nig_ger districts.’ ” Busbee v. Smith, 549 F.Supp. 494, 501 (DC 1982).
So…, you see Georgia is a racist state politically controlled today by the very same “Joe Wilson” racist mentality of only a few years past.
Let’s be real clear here: This Gov. Deal lead attack on the Latin community is exactly the same attack he and his ilk always perpetrate in their racists zeal to keep the “Lilly White” agenda in absolute control.
Creative Loafing Atlanta
Powered by Foundation