it's actually getting out of hand in atlanta - parking ripoffs, tickets, towing, boots. I would actually love to hear if you get a response .... I never have.
They are starting to use two boots because of people letting the air out of their tires and keeping the boots. It as a big problem in Athens last year (because it's totes a REAL felony...)
Obviously there is a problem with transportation in Atlanta, and a solution is needed
... but T-SPLOST just seems corrupt as hell!!
The reason to vote for it shouldn't be to 'create construction jobs' (for all those companies who donated to the vote yes campaigns) - it should be to fix the actual traffic issues.
Good to know that this is where my tax money goes, and it isn't being wasted.
"City officials say that survey respondents should be knowledgable about homeless issues in Atlanta" (disregard the spelling error) .... I lived at 5-points for a few years, I believe that makes me more of an expert on homeless issues than most city officials.
Clearly we just have to give them one-way tickets and have them sign a "I will not return" contract like we did for the olympics. that worked, didn't it?
ugh - the reason mass communication is so expensive for them is because they cater their communications per each specific target (and also cater their standings on the issues).
here is how you save 99% of your money as a candidate:
1. stop pussy-footing around the questions and actually answer where you stand on issues (or any issue for that matter)
2. stop spending money on ads that insult the intelligence of americans (the lame propaganda and blatant twisting of everything is sad)
come on - with the technology we have now, there is no need to spend gross amounts of money on something as useless as these campaigns.
its disgusting how obama AND romney are begging for "donations" (aka bribe money for future favors).
What we really need is to get rid of our two-party system.
Classifying everything as democratic or republican is ruining our country. I know, I know ... it means everyone will have to actually think for themselves and not blindly follow their party, but lets me honest here - I would bet at least 80% of voters have zero knowledge on the actual stances of the candidate they vote for.
1. who cares if f500 companies (or any companies for that matter) choose a location by marta - it doesn't go anywhere for people to conveniently use it, sooo why would they? I wouldn't.
2. I live ITP, at a major intersection and work in midtown. would love to use marta or anything besides my car, but marta would take me over an hour to use.
3. one of the reasons it's useless is because the suburbs won't let marta in - because they fear the crime rates/homeless population will rise. not sure if you can really blame them (take a good look at lindbergh).
my point - the USA automobile industry is in cahoots with marta to keep us useless for atlanta so we continue to drive.
that's what we are doing here, right? talking about our crazy conspiracy theories ....???
PARKatlanta can suck it. What a sham - good for you Paul!
And those ridiculous machines they are putting in - seriously ... that's how you want to handle parking? Spending 5 minutes to pay for parking for a 3 minute errand? fuck that. I am 100% convinced that if you are unable to get a real job in atlanta, the local government hires you.
All Comments »
Creative Loafing Atlanta
Powered by Foundation