· To help navigate the 18 venues and a butt-load of bands, here's a handy highlight list. Of course, if you're feeling more ambitious, you can go to www.atlantismusic.com to create your own schedule. Bands and schedules are subject to change. Minimum age for admission is set by each venue. $30 three-day wristbands are available at Sheraton Atlanta, 165 Courtland St., during regular Atlantis registration hours: Thurs.-Fri., 10 a.m.--7 p.m.; and Sat., 10 a.m.--2 p.m. Call 678-819-1558 for more info.
Thurs., Aug. 11
· Like bling in your hip-hop? Try the Ultimate Urban Music Showcase w/ Jersey Peach, Twip, Duval, Allison, Re'Rene, Miguel, India, Cheneta, and Trew. $10. 21 and up. 8:15 p.m. Eleven50, 1150-B Peachtree St. 404-874-0428.
· On the other hand, the Arc the Finger Records showcase presents independent hip-hop w/ DJ Quiz, Dres Tha Beatnik, Dropbombz Collective, Risings Sons, Minamina Goodsong, Binkis Recs, Psyche Origami, Solillaquists of Sound, Mars Ill, Intellekt & Dirty Digits, Collective Efforts, and Glue. $10. 18 and up. 9:15 p.m. The Loft, 1374 W. Peachtree St. 404-885-1365.
· For those on a more pop or modern-rock tip, the Future hosts 13 Stories, the Swear, Milka, Christie Cook, Cassadee, and Butterfly Stitches. Free. 21 and up. 9 p.m. Underground Atlanta, 50 Upper Alabama St. 678-904-2457.
· Singer/songwriter fans may like Jeff Gardner, Eric Michael Hopper, Jennifer Daniels, Alan Rice and Leslie Helpert. Free. 21 and up. 9 p.m. Island Oasis, Underground Atlanta, 50 Upper Alabama St. 678-904-5138.
Fri., Aug. 12
· Star Bar hosts a hard-rocking set of bands, including i9, Steadlur, Rantings of Eva, Jet By Day, and Trances Arc. $8. 21 and up. 9 p.m. Star Bar, 437 Moreland Ave. 404-681-9018.
· For an exclusively Atlanta set, check out the 99X Locals Only showcase, with host Jay Harren and performances by Boulevard, Elevation, Good Friday Experiment, Modern Skirts, the Whigs and Red Letter Agent. Call for price and ages. 8 p.m. The Loft, 1374 W. Peachtree St. 404-885-1365.
· Apache Cafe hosts soul and hip-hop with Jahalla, Sky Hy, Black Elephant, Inspirience, Ke Ke Doll, First Team, Kameelah & Gov't Cheese, and Atlanta bassist Divinity. Call for price and ages. 8 p.m. Apache Cafe, 64 Third St. 404-876-5436.
· Hard rock hits the Alley Cat with performances by Mojo Filter, Hot Lava Monster, the Numb Ones, Swagger, the Warm Gunns, and the Love Drunks. Call for price. 21 and up. 9 p.m. Alley Cat, Underground Atlanta, 50 Upper Alabama St. 678-904-2514.
· Singer/songwriters Matt Rycek, Roni Zagoria, Ravi, Spencer Rush and Doria Roberts perform at Triple Play. Call for price. 21 and up. 9 p.m. Underground Atlanta, 50 Upper Alabama St. 404-588-5331.
Sat., Aug. 13
· Livewire presents rockers Sparechange, Transition, Hybrid L, Brass Knuckle Surfer, Subject 2 Change and Corner Kid. $10 (under 21), $8 (21 and up). 8 p.m. Hard Rock Cafe's Velvet Underground, 215 Peachtree St. 404-688-7625.
· Masquerade's Heaven ironically hosts hardcore and metal with Infernal Machine, Suckerhead, Indorphine, Daath, and Stuck Mojo. $15. All ages. 8 p.m. 695 North Ave. 404-577-8178.
· ASCAP presents small doses of singer/songwriters performing in six-minute sets starting at 9 p.m., including pieces by Slade Stone, Mike Willis, Jennifer Daniels, Clay Cook, and Gary Pfaff. At 11 p.m., longer sets by Sundiver, Moonshine Still, and David Berkeley are scheduled. $8. 21 and up. Smith's Olde Bar (upstairs), 1578 Piedmont Ave. 404-875-1522.
· 95.5 the Beat presents a hip-hop and R&B showcase with Wille Joe, Jesse, Platinum Status Superstars, G'sta, Kieaun the Goldn'child, Da Fam, Empress Raw, Thugg, Without A Doubt, Hot, Young Capone, and two sets by Trillville. Call for price and ages. 8 p.m. The Loft, 1374 W. Peachtree St. 404-885-1365.
I first saw Sleater-Kinney at Dottie's, after the show was relocated from Savage Pizza. True…
did gucci mane ever get to release those 10 albums?
if the old dottie's/lenny's building lasted longer than the building that housed the new lenny's,…
This place was one of the last true dives in ATL. The bouncers turned a…
Is this some sort of joke?