- Sundance's The Red Road is wrapping up production early next week. It's been stationed, you'll remember, in Cobb County for several weeks.
- Dumb & Dumber To is in Brookhaven today and was in Marietta (at the Square/"El Paso") earlier this week; as well as, reportedly, Morris Brown College. WSBTV was on it.
- Mockingjay moved from Pullman Yard to Thomaston.
- Fast & Furious 7 has been at Norcross (as has ABC's Resurrection) and Ft. Gillem.
- Alicia Silverstone's HR filmed in Midtown. Rumor is she's food shopping in her downtime.
- The Originals is moving briefly to Madison from its home base in Conyers.
- Ted Turner, Jane Fonda, and Sanjay Gupta walk into a party...
- F&F needs a white/Hispanic guy with muscular arms to play a security guard next Thursday and Friday. Gotta have a 34-inch waist. Email photo + info to fast7ATL@gmail.com. Also the film needs "ACTUAL Africans" for seven days starting on Nov. 1 - the dates aren't consecutive, though. All the deets here.
- D&D needs you if you are both white and own a tux and are between 18 and 21. Email photos + info to DDTExtras@gmail.com.
- A "bandit" has made off with a 110 lb. Cineflex Elite Camera, a laptop and a headset used for D&D filming. As one friend tweeted, "COME ON, ATL."
- Jennifer Brett chatted with Jimmy Fallon, who "blew into" town on Tuesday.
- Adam Scott's new Atlanta-filmed comedy A.C.O.D. (Adult Children of Divorce) opens today. It's gotten meh reviews, but it does feature the Woodruff Arts Center (a little).
- You should probably be following Ludacris on Instagram.
- The Atlanta History Center is doing Hunger Games-themed tours starting Nov. 22. You should care for two reasons: The Swan House is pretty! Also it's featured as a very pretty place of residence for the series' overlord, played by Donald Sutherland.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
In the latest 'Emory Looks at Hollywood' episode, Judith Evans Grubbs, Emory Professor of Roman…
"In the movies' worst scene..." should be "movie's"
--freelance copy editor, available for hire
I saw this headline before watching the movie yesterday, but this movie was way better…