179 Ponce de Leon Ave.
In 1883, railroad magnate Richard Peters donated land to his son, Edward, who built a magnificent Queen Anne on the lot. Now known as the Mansion restaurant, this Victorian manor is one of Atlanta's few reminders of the Old South. Cut to 2001, when a series of gay gatherings has breathed new life into this wilting Midtown damsel. With rooftop drag performances and an impromptu DJ booth on the veranda, the Mansion tea-dances were the surprise hit of the summer. It might be scary to see some of these circuit queens in full daylight, but such delicious outdoor decadence in an austere setting is certainly worth it.