What makes and shapes a band's sound is never easily understood. And when bands attempt to explain those influences, they usually end up sounding like pompous assholes. But sometimes a band comes along and gives it to you straight, and you can appreciate that -- even if it's weird and the guys talk about motorcycle-riding wizards. Local three-piece Chopper is that band. Here, George Asimakos, Colin Mee and LaMar George give us their top five influences.
1) Armageddon: "Movies like Mad Max, Waterworld, and Escape from L.A. make us write sick shit. Which, in turn, makes it good for you guys."
2) Kombucha: "It grows its own cultures. Earth soda."
3) Martial arts: "We all sit around and watch kung fu movies and stretch and kick and punch and shit. George has a mean horse stance. LaMar is building a dojo in his house. Colin has some sick Zen headstands."
4) Animals: "We love watching When Animals Attack! videos and crazy videos of animals fighting each other."
5) Wizards on motorcycles: "Just imagine a Merlin-looking motherfucker on a big, badass chopper fucking chopping up the road, shooting electricity from his staff!"
Nashville has more dive bars than ATL now that sucks. tbh i think that new…
*Christ, Lord sorry
"Punk" style like this seems like it is the polar opposite of punk. Bradford Cox…
They're kind of starting to look like a joke of themselves. Song's good though.
All 80s movies want you...