For close to four years, Chicago-based actor Chris Sullivan has been touring with Rob Becker's one-man comedy Defending the Caveman, currently playing at the 14th Street Playhouse. The professional voice-over artist also studied Shakespeare at the Oxford School of Drama.
1) "Lost" on DVD: "I chose to experience this show on DVD because I hate commercials and prefer not to stop my life for a TV program. What started out as a vague, poorly written island adventure has turned into an intricate web of plot twists and reality benders. I'm not quite sure what I mean by that, so just go pick up the DVDs and you'll understand."
2) Tom Waits' Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers, and Bastards: "Three discs and 55 tracks long, Waits' latest album is like one of Tim Burton's daydreams, with everything from psycho circus rockabilly rock songs to gravel-throated piano ballads. In certain ways, Tom Waits is like Randy Newman for adults, but in most ways, Tom Waits is like nobody else."
3) Aaron Edwards: "This Chicago-based multimedia artist can use spray paint, stencil, oil, watercolor, motor oil -- you name it. If Edwards can paint with it, he will. His canvas is an old guitar, a piece of wood, a skateboard deck or anything that will hold paint. He sells close to every piece he produces, so if you can get your hands on one, I would consider you a lucky person."
4) Chuck Norris (www.chucknorrisfacts.com): "I don't know how it happened, but this guy has become a cult hero with a website that illustrates the bearded-badassness of Chuck Norris. The site lists 300 reasons why the 'Walker, Texas Ranger' star kicks so much butt, including 'There is no chin behind Chuck Norris' beard. There is only another fist,' and I bet you didn't realize that 'When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.'"
5) The Avett Brothers (www.theavettbrothers.com): "Two brothers from North Carolina and their friend Bob make up this trio with music that's almost impossible to describe but involves an acoustic guitar, a banjo, a stand-up bass, some well-timed stomping and vocals delivered with the passion of a thousand poets. Believe me when I say, these boys will blow your mind."
don't miss this, it is a unique theater experience!!
These signs are amazing. Also... Drake actually kinda has a semi-legit reason for referring to…
Can't wait to see it!
This is my testimony about the good work of a man who helped me..My name…
I found three. Gonna give y'all one more day to see or run off with…