Dancing isn't for everyone. There will always be that one person on the dance floor busting moves while the surrounding crowd backs off, staring in horror ... amazement ... jealousy. Farbod Kokabi, host of Album 88's "Postscript" (8-10 p.m. Thursdays) and assistant music director at 88.5 WRAS-FM, gives us a taste of his favorite moves.
1) Stealing chi: "There're pretty much two people that can do this. Me and Shang Tsung. And he's not real, so just me. And I'm getting more powerful all the time. I'm stealing everyone's chi."
2) Snow angel: "In that single moment when moons align and Democrats take office, the dance floor erupts and Young Jeezy isn't the only snowman in the club."
3) Around-the-room high-fives: "It's a self-pat on the back, as you run around congratulating the rest of the people for getting out of your way when the DJ puts on Mark Morrison."
4) Leapfrog: "The group of amphibians frogs fall under are called herps. Herp comes from the Greek word herpeton. One who breeds herp is a herpetoculturist. It's up to you how you want to end your night."
5) Dance-fighting: "A single-person dance, so fatties rejoice. It was Westernized in the late '80s by the dude from Oxbow after he allegedly beat the shit out of his own shadow."
You've got a few of my faves listed here, plus a bunch I've never heard…
This is such a cool idea and the performance is great (I've been twice) but…
Ugliest bunch of girls I've ever seen.
Shuddup ya dumb beatnik