Music can really take a person over. Some people can express their appreciation with highly coordinated, rhythmic dance moves that are so impressive, others create a circle of awe around them. In my observations, however, most folks can't do that. In celebration of those who must shake a groove thing, albeit a challenged groove thing, we present the most goofy, absurd dance scenes from movies:
1) Napoleon Dynamite: The obvious choice, but still a good one with all the awkward pelvic thrusts and the moon boots.
2) 13 Going on 30 and Shaolin Soccer: Two movies, same spontaneous "Thriller" dance in public places. Wouldn't it make your lifetime if you actually happened upon one?
3) Footloose: Sure, most folks think of Kevin Bacon's gymnast-like moves, but the real winner here is Chris Penn's "learning to dance" montage with push-ups and strange squatting.
4) Romy and Michele's High School Reunion: Bad interpretive dance always rules.
5) Can't Buy Me Love: A skinny, goofy Patrick Dempsey gets the crowd at his high school dance to do a spastic version of the "African anteater dance." It only works because the '80s were about following others.
I first saw Sleater-Kinney at Dottie's, after the show was relocated from Savage Pizza. True…
did gucci mane ever get to release those 10 albums?
if the old dottie's/lenny's building lasted longer than the building that housed the new lenny's,…
This place was one of the last true dives in ATL. The bouncers turned a…
Is this some sort of joke?