London-born Julian Cox brings a fresh eye to the newly super-sized High Museum of Art as its latest curator of photography.
1) Walking With the Wind, by John Lewis: "In preparation for an exhibition project in 2008, I'm currently reading about the history of the Civil Rights Movement. The John Lewis memoir has impressed me greatly -- his description of taking care of his family's chickens as a boy in rural Alabama is beautiful and profound."
2) www.bitchphd.blogspot.com: "My favorite blog at the moment. My wife turned me on to this site -- a feminist rant on all things political, academic and personal. Smart and funny."
3) Ska/Asian music: "My music taste is deeply rooted in old-school ska and reggae (Prince Buster, the Skatalites, I-Roy, Linton Kwesi Johnson) and devotional Asian vocals (Shweta Jhaveri and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan)."
4) MARTA: "I'm a big believer and travel on the system three to four days a week. In my opinion, Atlantans are too critical of it."
5) Warm beer: "Although I've lived in the United States for 14 years now, I still miss a good pint served at room temperature."
I found three. Gonna give y'all one more day to see or run off with…
"Campbellton Road is open; the B.I.G. has spoken and it's like that."
"From Simpson Road to Dixie Hills..."
Read the reviews for this mall. Dating back 6 years ago, it was unsafe to…