• Sept. 11 -- Al-Qaeda terrorists kill 3,000 Americans with hijacked airliners.
• Sept. 20 -- President Bush announces War on Terror™ to nation.
• Oct. 7 -- Operation Enduring Freedom begins in Afghanistan.
• Oct. 23 -- Apple releases the iPod, a portable digital music player that will hold thousands of songs.
• Dec. 17 -- American forces capture al-Qaeda mountain fortresses at Tora Bora, but bin Laden has fled.
• Jan. 29 -- Bush signals his intention to invade Iraq with "Axis of Evil" speech.
• July 17 -- Apple introduces 20-gigabyte iPod with touch-sensitive navigation wheel.
• Oct. 11 -- Both houses of Congress authorize president to go to war with Iraq.
• March 20 -- U.S. and coalition forces launch Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• April 28 -- Apple opens the iTunes music store. Offers music downloads that can be burned to CD, or played on iPods.
• May 2 -- Bush declares major combat operations over with "Mission Accomplished" speech on aircraft carrier.
• Dec. 13 -- Saddam Hussein found by U.S. forces in spider hole.
• Jan. 6 -- Apple introduces iPod Mini with a brushed-metal exterior, available in five colors.
• March 31 -- Insurgents mutilate four U.S. contractors in Fallujah, triggering U.S. siege on city.
• April 28 -- U.S. torture and sexual humiliation of Iraqis at Abu Ghraib revealed to public.
• July 19 -- Apple gives the iPod a color screen, click-wheel navigation and a new 60-gigabyte hard drive that holds up to 15,000 songs.
• Nov. 7 -- U.S. troops use flesh-consuming white phosphorous during second siege of Fallujah.
• Jan. 11 -- Apple introduces the iPod Shuffle, which is smaller than a pack of gum. Its compact design, which doesn't include a screen, makes it an ideal backup iPod.
• Jan. 30 -- In the first election of post-Saddam constitutional government, Iraq votes along strict ethnic and religious lines.
• Aug. 14 -- White House officials anonymously tell Washington Post that invasion goals were "never realistic."
• Sept. 7 -- Apple replaces iPod Mini with the iPod Nano, which uses a solid-state flash memory chip instead of a hard drive. Thinner than a pencil!
• Oct. 19 -- Saddam Hussein's trial begins.
• Jan. 9 -- Retired British war hero General Sir Michael Rose calls for Prime Minister Tony Blair's impeachment for "disastrous" and "illegal" war in Iraq.
• February -- Bloggers release mock-up images of rumored next-generation iPod with touch-screen display covering entire surface.
• Feb. 26 -- Fighting between the minority Sunni and the majority Shiite Iraqis reaches new intensity after Sunnis bomb Al Askari Mosque, an iconic Shiite holy place.
• May 6 -- British newspaper the Telegraph reports Baghdad morgue cannot cope with the number of dead arriving as the result of growing sectarian violence.
• Sept. 5 – Pakistan signs truce with Taliban based in Pakistan. Cross-border attacks into Afghanistan immediately spike.
• Sept. 12 – Apple introduces a new iPod Shuffle model. It's smaller than a matchbook.
• Nov. 8 – Bush fires Donald Rumsfeld, not for losing the war, but for helping lose the 2006 congressional elections.
• Dec. 6 – The bipartisan Iraq Study Group releases recommendations on how to proceed in Iraq. Bush ignores them.
• Dec. 30 – Saddam Hussein is executed by hanging in northern Baghdad for crimes against humanity.
• Jan. 9 -- Apple CEO Steve Jobs announces the iPhone.
• March 14 -- Pentagon acknowledges that Iraq is in a state of civil war.
• Jan. 10 -- Bush announces an escalation of the war in Iraq, aka "The Surge."
• May 15 -- President replaces himself, sort of, by appointing Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute as Iraq and Afghanistan "War Czar."
• June 29 -- Apple introduces the iPhone.
"Keeping these concepts in mind, the column's statement that "there are at least 50 types…
@ Mark from Atlanta "Ask your buddies Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity etc if union members are…
"multi-millions for public amenities, civic pride and bragging rights; but, not a penny for "little…
Every city in America has a large part of its central business district (CBD) that…
"this picture was instead replaced with Black Men" No problem...black folk get robbed and killed,…