Preston Craig, founder and one of the DJs at the Decatur Social Club on Friday nights at Azul, goes out five nights a week, and looks out for new music when he doesn't. Visit www.kissatlanta.com for his commentary.
1) "400 Days" -- Bravo Silva: "Ever broken up with someone and found yourself emulating some of their worst behavior post-break up? The boys behind Bravo Silva [appearing at the Drunken Unicorn on Oct. 8] make those types of common themes feel new again ... and sound wonderful."
2) "Skitzo Dancer (Justice Remix)" -- Scenario Rock: "One of the hottest songs of the entire summer, and with Daft Punk reworking this track, even dead quadriplegic amputees would get up and shake their asses."
3) "I'd Rather Dance with You (Than Talk with You)" -- Kings Of Convenience: "Maybe my personal theme song at the moment, only I don't really dance. Man, I'm never going to go home with anyone."
4) "Communist Daughter" -- Neutral Milk Hotel: "A short interlude, but the way the lyrics roll off the tongue, the imagery, and the way the tones and melodies float about it, it shakes me to my core."
5) "Like Bullets" -- Snowden: "It's a bit odd when your brother [Jordan Jeffares] writes some of your favorite songs. This track -- unreleased for the moment -- features linear arrangement, social commentary that hits close to home, and a relentless progression that leads you straight off a cliff."
Beck and Alabama Shakes...that's about it. I'm sure there's an unknown or two I would…
Well, this years Music Midtown sucks!
I'm pretty sure he was 19.
3 people apparently love handing over an extra 40% in fees for nothing in return…
Dang. I thought they would name some actual headliners.