What's hot in the ATL
Rob Kennedy spends his days at the über-luxe Huff Road 20th-century design boutique Belvedere, and his nights making the scene as a recognizable man-about-town at gallery openings and high-end shindigs. Here are metro-dandy Kennedy's picks for what's hot in the ATL:
1) Marcia Wood Gallery: "The best eye and art in Atlanta and also best friend. Nancy [Solomon] of Solomon Projects and Anna [Walker Skillman] of Jackson Fine Art rock, too."
2) "The band/entity/force/collaborative/extravaganza that is Mike Geier's Kingsized."
3) www.atlantaperforms.com: "This website has a list of all the theatrical performances in Atlanta. Everyone must fight the good fight by being a soldier for beauty."
4) Rutledge Forney -- Dermatology Affiliates: "Everyone I know has become addicted to the force that is Dr. Forney. She has come to define care, bedside manner, cool and my personal sentiment of looking one's best while doing one's best. This is, of course, what has elevated Dolly Parton to sainthood."
5) Triple tie: "Pink Lady apples; 'Squidbillies' on Adult Swim, and Mary's bar in East Atlanta, the place that gave me the title of 'local celebrity.'"
Little harsh, in'it?
Oh that's right...I DID say enjoy yourself.
Go to hell Kombo!
When will you be accepting applicants for the 2014 competition?
"In response to Oydave's comment, "Look at the two pieces. Is the second a rip-off…
Tons of Atlanta artists use colorful geometric shapes. But to copy the exact colors, the…