What makes the South so ripe for overwrought and overly earnest rock bands? Since the '70s, Southern musicians have destroyed relatively decent styles such as Southern boogie, grunge and nu-metal, mangling them into awfully bad (and bizarrely popular) corporate crap. These five acts take the cake:
1) Creed: All hail the insufferable Florida band Creed. Led by the great Scott Stapp, he welcomed the nation with arms wide open, a bottle of Jack Daniel's in one hand, and a bottle of Percocet in the other.
2) Hootie and the Blowfish: Yes, we're sure the guys in this South Carolina band are really nice. But their music still sucks.
3) Limp Bizkit: It's hard to believe that 10 million people actually bought this Florida band's Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water.
4) Matchbox Twenty: What's up with crappy Florida rock bands? Thank god Matchbox Twenty stopped making records. ... Oh no! Rob Thomas just went solo!
5) 3 Doors Down: Don't know much about this Mississippi band, but that "Kryptonite" song is pretty annoying.
Killin it. So damn sexy
ooooohhhh, I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see them together!
come on man you know you got a bromance. you probably still rock that OutKast…