"How big the world is. I was pretty cloistered when I went into college and since then I've traveled around the world. It gives you an entirely different perspective. You learn about tolerance, diversity and all kinds of different information."
– Brian Gunter, 54, nonprofit real estate developer
"How to be more responsible. Sometimes you make some bad decisions in life. And sometimes I have, and now I'm a street person."
– David Davison, 47, unemployed
"That I'd be broke and alone at this age."
– Nancy Rader, 51, unemployed
"Never to sign up for credit cards."
– Jeremy Clark, 25, teacher
"Stay in school no matter how hard it is. And credit is your most valuable tool. And never, under any circumstances, pluck your own eyebrows."
– Chad Jones, 28, student
"I'm much more interested in encouraging the best in the people I know than I was at 20."
– Shawn Black, 37, hairstylist
"I wish I knew that every Republican is an asshole."
– Tradd Sanderson, 33, designer
"That it's all OK."
– Scott Whray, 40, lighting specialist
"I wish I realized then that you get out of life what you put into it."
– Mike Smith, 46, IT development
"The world works the way it works."
– Chris Chambers, 57, retired
"To travel more before entering the workforce. And that George Bush is gonna be president."
– Jose Dickerson, 36, general manager
"I wish I knew that no matter how compelling your argument can be, there's just some people that are going to stay ignorant and irrational."
– Jack Beckham, 23, student
"To get the best education, especially in this country because it only cares about people with a degree whether they're smart or not. For the crummiest job, they want a four-year degree."
– Peter Eckes, 44, video editor
"I have a degree in business, and if I knew what the job market would require for someone to be financially secure, I would've secured a degree in science or IT-related field because having a more specialized degree has more value."
– John Pena, 39, contract officer
"I wouldn't change a thing. Everything happens for a reason. We all learn in our due time."
– Jeric Morales, 36, paramedic