It's getting cold outside (finally!) and it's always nice to have some wine or cider, curl up next to the fire and listen to some relaxing holiday music. Unless, of course, you accidentally curl up with one of the innocuous, mind-numbing, one-off holiday pop efforts of recent years. Then your night will just suck mistletoe as you bleed from your brain. I'm giving Mariah Carey a break this year for good behavior, so with that in mind, here are the top five pop-carol collections you should probably avoid this holiday season:
1) Platinum Holiday -- Various Artists: Released in 2000, with Britney, Backstreet, Pink, etc. I doubt you could accidentally find this.
2) Snowflakes -- Toni Braxton: This import features holiday hit "Christmas in Jamaica." Um ... right. And there's also a "Christmas in Jamaica" remix track!
3) My Kind of Christmas -- Christina Aguilera: Her kind of Christmas includes songs hurtling at you with enough force to break your face. And that's just on "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
4) These Are Special Times -- Celine Dion: With so many to choose from, you may wonder why this Celine Dion holiday outing? Simple: It's the birthplace of the Celine/R. Kelly duet "I'm Your Angel." Let the chills down your spine ensue.
5) This Christmas -- 98 Degrees: You can buy this used for 71 cents -- but don't you do it!
Too many memories. I remember we were smoking meth on the back patio and a…
Awesome memories for sure... Lenny's played such a major role in my music life. My…
I met my 1st husband at Dotties! Carnal Carnival Days!
that place was rad. sluts everywhere and awesome pours on the drinks. killer shows. so…
Trashed Dance Rock Party