A recent transplant to New York City, actor/playwright Travis Sharp is an alumnus of Dad's Garage Theatre's Improv Ensemble. His latest brainchild, Invasion: Our Town, inserts a different out-of-place, unscripted character into Our Town every night. The play opens Friday, March 2, at Dad's Garage. By day, Sharp writes toy commercials.
1) 52: "DC Comics' weekly comic book that chronicles a year in the DC Universe without Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is a blast -- and I only have to wait a week for the next issue."
2) A Song of Ice and Fire: "I'm an unapologetic geek, but I'm sick of predictable, sophomoric fantasy novels. This George R.R. Martin series is brilliantly written, very adult, gut-wrenchingly unpredictable -- and is in development for a series by HBO."
3) Squeeze: "Rumors of a reunion tour have rekindled my passion for this band, usually dismissed as an '80s Brit-pop act with piss-poor hairdos. Squeeze is quite simply the ideal fusion of razor-sharp lyrics and perfect pop hooks."
4) The Spider-Man Electronic Web Spinning Blaster: "This is the toy you dreamed of as a kid -- a wrist-mounted web spinner that blasts a spiraling skein of webbing that would make Todd McFarlane proud."
5) The Hollywood Stock Exchange: "Every cinephile needs an account at www.hsx.com. It's a play-money stock market based on movies and actors. A waste of time, but a fun way to keep up with the latest developments in Hollywood."
I wonder if Ariel and Maya's "game hosted by friends" was the Georgia Tech Band's…
Su ch a blessing!!!
Captured every detail, you'll have to come back on a clear night.
does he need the Z and the S?
love this story !!!
Evan is a very funny fella