Urban Body Fitness wants to assist you in the quest for cardiovascular health. Oh yes! To this end, the crack health professionals behind the counter pump satellite XM Radio station BPM (81) into their concrete/cardio holding pen. Here's a sampling from a recent visit that kicked things up a notch in my workout while sweating away on the treadmill (because elliptical machines are for babies).
1) "I Like It" -- Narcotic Thrust: I actually slowed down a bit because this song, while cool, seems virtually omnipresent right now. It plays over and over and over.
2) "Since U Been Gone" (Jason Nevins remix) -- Kelly Clarkson: Good remix of a good song. Plus, it makes you think about bad relationships. Speed back up and start running.
3) "Burned with Desire" -- Armin van Buuren: A little moody, but still in line. And light-years better than the new single (which could have come up on the rotation). So it's all good.
4) "Don't Call Me Baby" -- Madison Avenue: Blast form the not-too-distant-past single that used to scrape at my brain. Now that we've all had a break, it's fun again.
5) "Oh My Gosh" -- Basement Jaxx: Nice. The best way to finish things out. Funky, sharp and so, so good. There should be an all-Basement Jaxx station. I'm just sayin'.
I'm pretty sure he was 19.
3 people apparently love handing over an extra 40% in fees for nothing in return…
Dang. I thought they would name some actual headliners.
Forgot to mention that Iggy did a stellar show @ the Agora in the spring…
Their fees were onerous, to say the least. $16 per ticket for "convenience," and it's…