· Philippe Buttin, head sommelier at Joël, will conduct a tasting at the restaurant featuring wines from Provence on Wed., Aug. 10, from 5:45-7:15 p.m. Cost is $30 per person and includes hors d'oeuvres from chef Joël Antunes. 3290 Northside Parkway. 404-233-3500. www.joelrestaurant.com.
· Cafe at East Andrews -- Each week, the restaurant offers Wine Down Wednesdays, with bottles of wine for half-price. Included in the promotion is the "Cellar List," so patrons have the chance to sample high-quality wines like Silver Oak and Opus One. 56 E. Andrews Drive. 404-869-1132. www.eastandrews.com.
· Cheetah -- Wine, Women & Thong every Friday, beginning at 6 p.m. in the Executive Room. The $20 event includes front door cover, Executive Room admission, hors d'oeuvres and wine. 887 Spring St. 404-892-3037.
· D'Vine Wine Bar and Shop -- Come enjoy a wine event every day of the week (with the exception of Sunday). To mention just a few: Monday from 6-8 p.m. is D'Vine's Uncorked Night, where customers can sample all open bottles for $12. From 6-8 p.m. on Tuesdays, D'Vine has wine tastings of six to eight themed wines. Wine Knowledge Wednesdays include classes by expert Michael Bryant, trivia and a four-course dinner. 5486 Chamblee Dunwoody Road. 770-350-9463. www.atlantawinebar.com.
· Eclipse di Luna -- Enjoy a wine tasting event the first Tuesday of every month from 6-7 p.m. For $10, it includes tapas and bottomless glasses of six to eight wines. 764 Miami Circle. 404-846-0449.
· Eno -- Wine tastings in the bar every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. Taste eight to 10 wines for $10, including a complimentary plate of tapas. Also, every Thursday is top flight night: premium flights of four to five wines for $25 to $35. 800 Peachtree St. 404-685-3191. www.eno-atlanta.com.
· The Food Studio -- Fifty percent off bottles of wine Sunday through Friday in August. This offer will only be for Fifth Group Restaurants newsletter subscribers: Visit www.fifthgroup.com to sign up in time to take advantage of the August offer. Newsletter subscribers will receive a printable certificate for this discount along with the newsletter via e-mail (new subscribers will receive their newsletter/certificate within two days of signing up). 887 W. Marietta Street, 404-815-6677.
· Haven -- Come enjoy D'Vine Sundays at Haven when the restaurant offers $29 bottles from the entire wine list. 1441 Dresden Drive. For more info, call 404-969-0700 or visit www.havenrestaurant.com.
· Huey's -- All bottles from the wine list are half-price each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (except holidays). 1816 Peachtree Road. 404-873-2037.
· Imperial Fez -- Taste wines from around the world paired with Moroccan appetizers the first Wednesday of every month. $15. 5:30-7 p.m. 2285 Peachtree Road. 404-351-0870. www.imperialfez.com.
· Java Monkey -- Wine tasting every other Thursday on the patio. The next tasting -- which includes music and chair massage -- will be Thurs., Aug. 4. Sample featured wines and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. $15. 7-9 p.m. 425 Church St. 404-378-5002.
· La Tavola Trattoria -- Wine flights every Monday night. The theme for Mon., Aug. 8, is light-bodied Italian wines. 992 Virginia Ave. 404-873-5430. www.latavolatrattoria.com.
· Murphy's -- Wine tasting Tuesdays start at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $10 for tasting, with $5 off any entree. 997 Virginia Ave. 404-872-0904. www.murphysvh.com.
· Sage -- Wine tastings are bimonthly, usually on the first and third Wednesdays of the month, coinciding with performances by a live jazz band. Call 404-373-5574 to confirm, or join the distribution list for up-to-date info by e-mailing the restaurant at email@example.com. Reservations recommended. 121 Sycamore St. 404-373-5574. www.thebistros.com.
· SoHo -- Every Wednesday night is "flight night." Beginning at 5:30 p.m., bar manager J.D. Doyle leads participants on a tasting tour of regions. From May through August, SoHo presents its seventh annual West Coast tour, featuring the varietals of California, Oregon and Washington. 4300 Paces Ferry Road. 770-801-0069. www.sohoatlanta.com.
· Sotto Sotto -- All bottles of wine are half-price every Tuesday. Monday's feature is the "bottomless wine glass" with three price points -- $15, $20, $25 -- for all the wine you can drink. 313 N. Highland Ave. 404-523-6678. www.sottosottorestaurant.com.
· Spice -- Half-price bottles of wine every Tuesday, 6 p.m.-close. Choose from more than 100 wine varietals. Also, "Sipping from the Vine" wine tasting and complimentary hors d'oeuvres every Thursday, 6-8 p.m. $10 per person. 793 Juniper St. 404-875-4242. www.spicerestaurant.com.
· Tierra -- Half-priced wine every Wednesday for bottles under $50. 1425 Piedmont Ave. 404-874-5951. www.tierrarestaurant.com.
· Twist -- Every Monday, Twist offers half-price bottles for every item on the wine list, including Dom Perignon. 3500 Peachtree Road. 404-869-1191. www.heretoserverestaurants.com.
· Vine -- Each Monday, the complete wine list of more than 160 wines by the bottle and 40 by the glass is 50 percent off. Every Wednesday, the restaurant offers a tasting of at least six wines from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $10, which can be applied to your dinner check to receive $10 off, rendering the wine tasting free. Every Sunday, Vine holds a three-course wine pairing dinner for $27.95. Reservations are encouraged. 404-892-2393. 1190 N. Highland Ave. www.vinerestaurant.com.
· Vinocity -- Exotic dinners paired with bottomless glasses of wine from a specific region every Sunday, starting at 5:30 p.m. Prices vary by the week. Three or four selections presented like a flight. 36 13th St. 404-870-8886. www.vinocitywinebar.com.
· E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax information to 404-420-1402 at least two weeks prior to event.
Following up on the PG/FSB thread: First, I'm a native Atlantan, and I loved Chef…
I'm really disappointed at Mr. Bostock's less than fair review of Lips Atlanta. It sounds…
Were there sliders?
Straight people be havin' kids and goin' to church. You seen this, you heard about…
RIP Hollywood HOTS...Backstreet...etc... This town used to swing...and strut...now it shuffles. A 24 hr. moveable…