Page 5 of 5
11) Abrupt nonlinear climate shift: theory that climate change due to global warming could be sudden and catastrophic rather than gradual (see The Day After Tomorrow)
12) Heckuva: newly redefined double-speak used to show support for an obviously incompetent government official
13) Stare decisis: principle of legal theory holding that prior judicial decisions should generally not be overturned by the same court; oft cited by John Roberts in confirmation hearings
Top 5 reasons we didn't pARTicipate! in Brand Atlanta
1) Frightened by gratuitous exclamation points and random capitalization
2) "Lost" was on that night.
3) Didn't it rain that day?
4) We were washing our hair.
5) We were doing meth with Ashley.
Top 8 obscure music micro-genres
1) Baile funk: Brazilian crunk
2) Snap music/post-crunk: Wait ... what the hell is crunk?
3) Backpack thug: Keeping it gangsta, even if you're a broke college student.
4) Nerdcore: Hip-hop for those who love the dictionary
5) German micro-house: Or, another reason why smart white people who like house music are better than everyone else
6) Psych-folk/freak folk/new weird America: Great, one more reason why this country is going to HELL!
7) Grime: Imagine rappers rhyming in a thick British accent you can't understand and you'll get the idea.
8) Rock 'n' roll: It's dead, remember?
Top 13 best movie monsters
1) The giant bugs in King Kong
2) The vegetarian bunny in Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
3) Noseless Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
4) Snub-nosed Marv (Mickey Rourke) in Sin City
5) Hitler (Bruno Ganz) in Downfall
6) Burt Reynolds terrorizing a CBS assistant producer at the premiere of The Longest Yard
7) Martian tripods run amok in Steven Spielberg's The War of the Worlds
8) Directorial style run amok in Tony Scott's Domino
9) Robotic, twitchy General Grievous in Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith
10) Robotic, twitchy Jennifer Aniston in Rumor Has It ...
11) Tilda Swinton's witch queen in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
12) Tilda Swinton's Gabriel angel in Constantine
13) Tilda Swinton's ticked-off biker chick in Broken Flowers
Top 8 things we're looking forward to in 2006
1) Development of the Beltline
2) City Hall East redevelopment
3) Peachtree Street trolley
4) Secured funding for new Symphony Hall
5) Georgia governor's race
6) A new club to replace the Echo Lounge
7) Trader Joe's
8) Citywide Wi-Fi
"Once again, you are mistaken. Carter was not deemed by the Navy as qualified to…
"Carter graduated high school, dropped out of Georgia Southwestern College, and had to take remedial…
I miss Stefan's Vintage Clothing!
"I think an important consideration that is missing from this article is that the culture…
" canned because there are plenty of college grads working for minimum wage who would…