We had this crazy idea that Atlantans and CL lovers might want a place to show off their wonderful and wacky images of living in A-Town.
So we created a Flickr group where you can share photos of the places, people and things you love about this city. Apparently, we were right. We've had over 3200 images uploaded to the group in the last several months.
We're hoping you want to share your photos with the CL Flickr universe, where you have the chance to be featured in some of our special sections'—like Urban Explorer and Best of Atlanta—online editions.
Here's how it works.
1. Follow the guide lines below, and join CL's Flickr group.
2. Upload to the group your photos of parties, street scenes, restaurants, clubs, bars, galleries, funny signs, parks, events – especially places and things mentioned on the Best of Atlanta ballot or the Urban Explorer website. We want to see Atlanta through your eyes.
Any questions? E-mail me (taralynne.pixley AT creativeloafing.com), call (404) 614-1231, or leave them in the comments.
Welcome to You Shoot, Creative Loafing's interactive photo feature. Here's how to participate:
1. Join Flickr, if you haven't already.
2. Join the Creative Loafing Flickr Group.
3. Add photos to the group by clicking "Send to Group" on the page of the photo you'd like to add.
4. Done! Your picture will be added to CL's photo feed on the right side of our Photos & Video page.
5. If we like your photo a whole bunch, we may even post it on one of our online Atlanta guides. For consideration, please be sure that the picture is at least 300 pixels wide at 72 dpi.
Some guidelines to get you started:
* We're looking for Atlanta-related photography, but that doesn't mean every shot has to be of the Downtown skyline or sunsets. Be creative and help us illustrate the full range of life in Atlanta.
* No porn, please (we know it when we see it).
* Likewise, no copyright violations.
* Feel free to geotag your photos.