I'm Bobby Moore, the man behind the 7 Inch Atlanta blog. The blog is almost a year old, and it covers the live and studio output of many of Atlanta's best punk and garage bands.
1. "Complete Control" by the Clash
2. "Oh Oh I Love Her So" by the Ramones
3. "Better Off Dead" by Le Peste
4. "Baby, Baby" by the Vibrators
5. "Bad Kids" by The Black Lips
6. "19th Nervous Breakdown" by the Rolling Stones
7. "My Love" by New Age Steppers
8. "Cruel To Be Kind" by Nick Lowe
9. "Dead Rainbow" by Dolly Mixture
10. "Sick On You" by Hollywood Brats
Favorite Atlanta-based band:
The Coathangers are easily my favorite Atlanta band of the moment. The girls have grown musically and as songwriters over the past couple of years without losing their senses of fun. Their live shows rarely disappoint, as they treat each outing as a holiday or birthday party. From early, sophomoric offerings like "Don't Touch My Shit" to newer, well-crafted tunes like "Bury Me," all of their songs make me happy whenever I hear them. No one else other than the Ramones cheers me up instantly the minute the needle drops. And the sad or angry songs do not quell this instant joy. Joey singing about poison hearts cheers me up, and so does Julia when she screams about breaking someone's face.
Check out Mixtape Love: CL Music Issue 09
Beck and Alabama Shakes...that's about it. I'm sure there's an unknown or two I would…
Well, this years Music Midtown sucks!
I'm pretty sure he was 19.
3 people apparently love handing over an extra 40% in fees for nothing in return…
Dang. I thought they would name some actual headliners.
Forgot to mention that Iggy did a stellar show @ the Agora in the spring…