Brian Poust, DJ/Record Addict, Georgiasoul.com
1. Alex Williams & the Mustangs - "The Thrill Ain't Gone"
2. Mighty Men of Impax - "The World Is A Trip"
3. The Stone Cutters - "Fellow Slave"
4. W.J. Stafford - "Get Hooked On Jesus"
5. Roy Lee Johnson - "Take Me Back and Try Me"
6. The Fly-Bi-Nites - "Found Love"
7. The Black Exotics - "What Am I Waiting For"
8. Billy Young - "Suffering With A Hangover"
9. King David & the Slaves "Ive Been Told"
10. Tony Troutman - "So Much She's Gone Away"
Favorite Atlanta-based artist:
Tommy Brown has been involved in the Atlanta music scene since the 1940s as a drummer, singer, comedian and dancer. He still gets out on the road on a regular basis but also holds court at Blind Willies every few weeks. Tommy has obviously got some deal with the Devil going, as evidenced by his stage performance, wit and charm. Yet, I'm consistently surprised by how many people aren't aware of him. Tommy is an integral part of Atlanta music history, and still relevant today to anyone who likes music.
Check out Mixtape Love: CL Music Issue 09
(Photo by Mary Mullins)
i'd love to see a definitive list of the bands that played Dottie's and the…
Killin it. So damn sexy
ooooohhhh, I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see them together!
come on man you know you got a bromance. you probably still rock that OutKast…