Raised in Southwest Atlanta, the soul, rock and rap misfit Spree Wilson has since headed to New York to follow his dreams. Inspired by acts ranging from the Beatles to David Bowie, the recent Jive Records signee wears his heart on his sleeve on his upcoming mixtape Beauty of Chaos and EP Plastic Dreams. Since he’s left the A, he’s been all about progression. “I’m always looking for a new adventure and challenge,” Spree says. Now that a year has passed, it’s time he gives us the lowdown on his adventures in the Big Apple.
Top 5 places to go on a NYC spree
5) Clothing: Uniglo — This place is on Broadway in Soho and if you wanna go shopping on a budget, it has the highest quality of clothes that are very inexpensive. A lot of the jeans are Japanese made.
4) Food: Song — Off in Park Slope, Brooklyn, it’s a Thai food restaurant. It’s super inexpensive but super chic. It’s in a really good bar-friendly neighborhood with a nice sized plate for $7. The food is to die for!
3) Leisure: Brooklyn Museum — The museum is in the greatest borough in New York. All the great exhibits go there and on first Saturdays, they open the museum for free to everyone while having a big party on the inside.
2) Wax: Generation Records — This place in West Village has tons of old vinyl if you wanna get it for the lowski woski. I’d compare it to Wax ‘N Facts in Little Five Points. They have great customer service and they’re very knowledgeable about the music.
1) Party and Bullshit: Santos — On Saturday nights Just Blaze is DJing and you can definitely get some girls there. It’s tons of them, like a menu!
$33 3-day passes. $15 per day. 4 p.m. Sat., Oct 9. Okayplayer showcase. Masquerade (Jagermiester Stage), 695 North Avenue NE. 404-577-8178. www.a3chiphop.com
Also the Black Madonna - a resident and talent buyer for Chicago's Smart Bar -…
Awww man no more contests for tickets?
Sounds like he's going to eventually make the "black" Bonnaroo soon enough. Just keep the…
It's very easy to insult people's work anonymously. Not to mention, respectable. May I ask…
That is correct! Please send your name and contact info to email@example.com and we'll get…
He paid homage to the 1982 movie "Wild Style