5) Jazz: Jazz is an improvisational genre if you will and hip hop is nothing but that. That’s how it was created it and [the genre] birthed so many things, even reggae. This was told to me by my elders. Everyone used to get music imports from New Orleans.
4) Emcees: Jay Electronica is the most phenomenal thing that has happened to hip hop. He kinda did what Drake did but on his own hand. He’s not on some one hit wonder shit, he got some shit finna pop off in the next week. He doesn’t have an album but he got five top singles. Look at his execution method and process. He ain’t just an emcee he’s a whole another entity. Look at Lil’ Wayne. He can do a song with Taylor Swift if he want to. He’s just from a few blocks over and it’s like he came out my house. I enjoy his success just as much. From No Limit to Cash Money look at everything we’ve done and produced.
3) Bounce Music: Swizz Beatz better come say something to New Orleans about giving him his style. He ain’t nothing but a bounce producer. I know damn well he better be happy for New Orleans bringing that.
2) Producers: Mannie Fresh is a big part of that southern sound that had a lot of the drum rolls. It kept that whole hip hop shit alive. It was like a new wave of hip hop when he dropped something. N.O. Joe has done a lot of shit with Rap A Lot. Our beats have another sound.
1) Musicians: We have a certain way we lay our music down and our timing. We all got that flavor to us because of our heritage and roots. Just like Curren$y, he doesn’t carry an accent like most of us, but he’s off that [New Orleans family] tree. It’s in the water. You gotta come here to see what I’m talking about.
$20 per day. 7 p.m. Sat., Oct 9. Perfect Attendance Showcase. Masquerade (Perfect Attendance Stage), 695 North Avenue NE., 404-577-8178. www.a3chiphop.com.
Nashville has more dive bars than ATL now that sucks. tbh i think that new…
*Christ, Lord sorry
"Punk" style like this seems like it is the polar opposite of punk. Bradford Cox…
They're kind of starting to look like a joke of themselves. Song's good though.
All 80s movies want you...
Their show with Chris, Lord about 3 years at the Unicorn was the best.