You know him and you love him, he is Cousin Dan. This Saturday, March 3, the “scientist of love" goes down to the Basement where he’ll aim his laser-guided melodies deep into the nether regions of the night. “F Bomb” is the brand video he’s premiering, and it's all about a day-in-the-life for Cousin Dan. There's a dice game, a knife fight, motorcycles, a lot of ladies, a lot of dancing, and a laboratory where he brings his sexual Frankenstein to life.
But before the mustached Adonis takes the stage to unleash his Vocoder croon, bathed in a spectacle of lights and smoke, there’s much prep work to be done. Before the weekend gets underway, Cousin Dan breaks down a list of his top 6 stage accessories.
1) Cod piece: The cod pieces have become a Cousin Dan Symbol. There’s a new, second generation cod piece that’s still mirrored, but has a triangle shaft that comes out and clips into a vintage Casio VL keyboard that I play through my guitar pedal, so it floats in front of me — I’ve dubbed it the key-rection.
2) The dance floor: This is number two on the list for obvious reasons. It’s a one-of-a-kind personal dance floor with multi-colored changing lights that are sound-activated and change color with the beats, and smoke comes out of the sides.
3) Leopard-print Spandex pants: They don’t leave a whole lot to the imagination.
4) Hair and mustache combo: It’s more of a priority than an accessory.
5) The laser glove: It’s a glove that shoots lasers out of four of my fingers, and when I point it at my cod piece it creates an explosion of lights that shoot everywhere.
6) The earring and sunglasses combo: The crucifix earring is my nod to George Michael because people say I kind of look like him. … And the sunglasses? Well, anyone who can pull off wearing sunglasses at night is automatically cool.
You will also be able to win the Dog Fish Head Turntable at Aisle 5!!**
"Vinyl and record stores were a big part of growing up for me." ________________________________________________ I…
Great list. I would add Amon Tobin's release. http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-facto…
Still not forgotten my bro!
They've never played Atlanta
Geez. Also, don't ever let Kel Sweeney have another dog! Talk about poor judgement.