1) Torchy's Tacos: Torchy's is probably a really touristy taco place, but it’s delicious, and I’ll eat it twice a day while I'm in Austin. They’ve got some serious breakfast tacos.
2) Baseball: We’re getting a baseball game together on Wednesday (March 14) while we're out there. Nick and Peter [Furgiuele] have been doing it in Austin for a couple of years. It’s usually a mix of band dudes — usually whatever Black Lips and Ponderosa dudes are in town, along with the Star Bar crew.
3) Really good hallucinogens: There’s always an abundance of really good hallucinogens at SXSW, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.
4) Catching up: It's always good to catch up with people that I haven’t seen in a while from all over the place, California, Chicago, New York. They're all there.
5) The Best Wurst! It’s kind of expensive, but it’s a street food place that has the best hot dogs you can find at 1 o’clock in the morning. It’s always there when you really need a hot dog.
Gringo Star plays three shows at SXSW: Fri., March 16 at the Loft. 1 a.m., Sat., March 17 at the Audio Tree day party 1:25 p.m., and again Sat. eve. for the the 40 Watt showcase at the Side Bar.5:30 p.m.
*Christ, Lord sorry
"Punk" style like this seems like it is the polar opposite of punk. Bradford Cox…
They're kind of starting to look like a joke of themselves. Song's good though.
All 80s movies want you...
Their show with Chris, Lord about 3 years at the Unicorn was the best.
I am a connoisseur of this real soul music like the comment above I'm glad…