1. Going to work: Working on cars is nowhere nearly as much fun as playing guitars. I picked up my paint gun at work the other day and it felt so weird, because I hadn't done it in a while. It was like my hands should be doing something else — playing guitar.
2. The daily routine: Every day on tour you see something new, but since we’ve been back home for the last week all I see is the same depressing drive down Memorial Drive, and when you're away for a while you forget how depressing Memorial Drive looks. Even when you’re driving down the Jersey Turnpike at least it’s something new, and it's a pathway to something greater.
3. Sleeping in my own bed: I don't know if it counts or not, but my bed kind of sucks. Motel 6 has a pretty comfortable mattress for $39 a night.
4. Eating at different places: When you’re in different cities there are different restaurants. I feel like when I’m home I tend to get stuck going to the same five places to eat over and over again — my comfort zone. I love the Earl, and the Flat Iron, and Holy Taco, but man, being in a new city and trying new places is always good.
5. Awesome conversations on the road: We have the weirdest conversations about nothing when we’re driving down the road from one town to the next, usually around 2 a.m. After an hour of silence, someone will perk up with something great: One night we all started talking about how none of us have had eaten Chef Boyardee in a really long time, so we stopped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere south of Providence to get some. Of course they wouldn’t let us microwave it ‘til we paid for it, but it spawned this whole conversation about how at one time Chef Boyardee was really good, but has basically become the Pop Tarts of Italian food.
Order of the Owl leaves for tour again tomorrow morning, but before heading back out on the road they're playing a show at the Star Bar tonight (Wed., March 21) w/ Backwoods Payback and
King Giant Demonaut. $7. 9 p.m. 437 Moreland Ave. 404-681-9018.
Nope, that's just a house around the corner.
Is this Stankonia???...
The song "Fire!" from their first album is still an indie classic.
The sampling, production, and live instrumental performances on the Claimin Tru track might have been…
"Tru Dat Interlude" - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Dasher or “Dahser"?