The Star Bar's monthly Free For Y'all blow-out returns tonight (Thurs., June 14). Abby Go Go, Lightnin' Ray Jackson (album release party), and Lucy Dreams are playing upstairs. Dasher and the Harlequins are playing downstairs, and DJ Jared Swilley of Black Lips will be spinning records throughout the night.
This month, Free For Y'all ring master and Newmerica Productions co-founder Bryan Bankovitch offers up 10 good reasons why you should hang out tonight.
10. It's a pre-Father's Day party.
9. You won't have to lie when you call in sick on Friday.
8. Jared Swilley is throwing a dance party.
7. Astro Dogs rule.
6. Ligthnin' Ray Jackson and the Mystic's are celebrating an album release party.
5. A holographic Carl Sagan is hosting the show.
4. There's free water and ice (please tip).
3. There's a new stall door in the men's room.
2. You will most likely get laid.
1. Everyone is on the guest list.
Free. 9 p.m. Star Bar, 437 Moreland Ave. 404-681-9018.
notice the name of the photographers brand .. "I Shoot My Friends"
Spot on Irony
Aren't those AK-47s aka "Choppers" on his tee-shirt in the photo?
When I hear that lyric it makes me think that he’s projecting…
Good question Chad. It took awhile. I concede defeat, but I'm pretty sure Carmella and…