Mood Rings is back in town after a lengthy bit of touring over the last year, and the group has some new tunes to show off. Last week, the band played a handful of unreleased numbers during a live session at Georgia Tech's 91.1 FM/WREK. Find the full set list at the bottom of the post.
Tonight (Sat., Jan. 18), Mood Rings will be rolling out some newer numbers again when the group headlines a show at the EARL. But before the group takes the stage, frontman Will Fussell talked with us about his time on the road last year, and some of his favorite album covers, music videos, merchandise, and posters that he encountered along the way.
5. Stevie Dinner, Mystery Flavor
"This is my favorite record to come out of Atlanta this year - along with one of the best album covers of all time."
3. Oneohtrix Point Never, "Problem Areas" from R Plus Seven (Warp, 2013)
Video by Takeshi Murata
"I've been into his work for a while. All the visual direction for this album was just as good as the music."
2. The design on this T-shirt and sweater by Shawty Arabia Products.
Tracklist for the Live at WREK session:
1. "The Line" (Fussell performs a solo piano version of this track from VPI Harmony)
2. "Waiting for That Call" (unreleased)
3. "Charles Mansion" (from VPI Harmony)
4. "Rubies" (unreleased)
5. "Slave" (unreleased)
6. "Know No Pressure" (unreleased)
Thanks for the feature! More of my work at Speakeasy events including left feild can…
You do you, The Best Mayne. All I know is this: http://youtu.be/5TcLQt_rGdM
I aint got no type, but this guy is def not it. Not sure what's…
ohh that track is really cool but where do i get that flag ?
I don't think I've played anything more times than the last man to fly. That…
Also missing: The Dragon Experience. A brilliant and fundamental solo album from cEvin. This list…