MARTA announced it has signed a multiyear advertising deal with CBS Outdoor Group worth a guaranteed minimum of $60.3 million. The deal includes a 15-year contract for bus shelters and benches and a five-year contract for transit advertisements on rail cars and buses and at stations.
From the release:
MARTAâs new advertising agreement includes the following:
- CBS will replace all shelters that are 10 years old or older throughout the life of the contract. Eventually all 770 advertising and non-advertising shelters will be replaced with a more progressive and contemporary style.
- CBS will implement an aggressive cleaning and maintenance schedule to keep all advertising and non-advertising shelters and benches in âlike newâ condition.
- A hotline number and web address will be posted at all bus shelters so that customers can report any cleaning or maintenance needs to CBS.
- CBS will improve maintenance programs within rail stations to respond more quickly when ad panels are vandalized.
- A portion of all advertising space will be dedicated to providing customers with MARTA service information. All new bus shelters will be equipped with maps and schedules making it easier for riders to use the MARTA system.
Since this article was published there has been about a 100 more school shootings.
I am "almost alcoholic" right now. 2015, 2012 article, you do the math.
Fatigue. I've lived here for close to three decades. DeKalb has been a mess that…
@ Voxpopuli "Is the lack of concern because people have grown to accept it in…
Funny if this were a similar report against an official in Cobb county or the…
Wow! This should be made into a movie.