After the last Critical Mass ride in which Atlanta cops cracked down on the cyclists for traveling in a pack and disrupting traffic, velocipede enthusiasts will hold a Courteous Mass tonight at 6:30 p.m. Participants are urged to meet at Woodruff Park like before around 6 p.m.
During Courteous Mass, participating cyclists are expected to follow all rules of the road and stop at traffic lights.
Courteous Mass Bicycle Ride
Friday, July 11
Meet @ 6:00 PM
Leave @ 6:30 PM
This ride is different from Critical Mass in that it will follow a planned route and follow state traffic laws. It is intended to demonstrate support for better bike facilities and safer traffic conditions. It is also a great opportunity for less-experienced cyclists to try riding on the streets, as well as being a fun social event. We urge everyone who believes in a balanced transportation policy to join us.
Courteous Mass Tips:
- Ride no more than two abreast on 4-5 lane roads, taking up only the right lane.
- Ride single file on 2-3 lane roads so as not to interfere with traffic flow.
- Please allow faster cyclists ahead of you so they are not stuck behind slower cyclists during single-file stretches.
- Do not pass stopped cars on the right (unless there is a bike lane).
- And as always, be courteous!
There ya go. Be civil, be safe and remember: Roads are made for all people to access destinations -- not just people in cars.
Hello every one i want to share my testimony on how i belong to Illuminati…
I was in so much pain for three months after my Husband i got married…
So $40-$55 million of taxpayer's money is to be spent to add more space to…
Ha, a library with very few "traditional library services"--great idea, if you are an architect…
@ Roxanne Dimacale
Hi, We're looking for kidney donors, Very urgently. B+ve , O+ve, O+ and A+ve with…