Last month, the New York Sun picked up a Bloomberg story that detailed how 40,000 former New Yorkers have settled in Atlanta over the past five years. Good enough.
For this week's CL cover story, we turn the tables and ask ex-Atlantans who now live in New York to critique their new city. Almost all of them, by the way, intend to move back to Atlanta at some point.
We also came up with a list of reasons ex-New Yorkers should love Atlanta. And we want your ideas, too. So please add your thoughts. Where can an ex-New Yorker get a good slice of pizza? Or a decent bagel? And where oh where can they find culture in Atlanta?
They need our help, y'all.
To see our list, go to the jump:
10 reasons ex-New Yorkers should love Atlanta
1) Our Southern hospitality
2) Our NBA team is as bad as yours
3) The chance to live in a house with a yard and trees
4) We talk slowly so you can understand us
5) We're happy to tell you where the good pizza joints are
6) We may not have good bagels, but we do have Krispy Kreme doughnuts
7) You can play outdoors 10 months out of the year
8) We can park a car without having to take out a loan
9) Our roads may be clogged, but at least they're not one big pothole
10) Where else can you drink PBR and celebrate redneck culture?
@ citizen That's about 5 minutes' worth of time, and I am not about to…
HYROCODONE, ACTAVIS PROMETH with CODEINE, OXYCONTIN, NEMBUTAL, MANDRAX(QUAALUDE), PAIN PILLS & ASSORTED WE DO RETAILS…
Fill it in & have a shallow lake .
>Hard to say what preconceived notions some people carry into a movie with them, but…
@Broch, if that's all your oppo research on Comer Yates could come up with, don't…
Herzog - a giant among dwarves....