Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dragon*Con missed connections warm the heart

Posted By on Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM

image_gallery1-29.jpg
  • Joeff Davis
Dragon*Con, the Labor Day weekend tradition in which sci-fi enthusiasts pretend to be their favorite characters (and people too lazy to dress up take photos of them), ended without incident. Autographs were signed, panels were conducted, money was made. If you missed the memorable downtown parade, check out Joeff Davis' chuckle-inducing gallery.

And as people are wont to do when they're dressed up in scandalous and/or creative outfits, some attendees got turned on. And possibly laid.

After the jump, the most interesting Craig's List missed connections — and a couple of proposals for a good ole casual encouter — from the annual sci-fi convention. Possibly our favorite:

DragonCon - WOW wizard - m4m - 42 (Downtown)
Date: 2010-09-07, 11:42AM EDT

You - WOW blond wizard. Me - ancient wizard. You were pressing awfully hard into me during our photo. Just wondering if there was a lingering interest. Put your robe color in Subject Line of first email.

* Location: Downtown
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1940875309

If you're interested in seeing all the wanton young men and women — well, OK, mostly men ‐ who were looking for a casual encounter, you can peruse the list here. Keep in mind that some include photos that aren't exactly safe for work.

See you next year, Dragon*Con.

(H/T pwnela via abbyturano)

Pirate booty:

Hottest guy at Dragon Con! - w4m - 27
Date: 2010-09-06, 11:01PM EDT

Captain. Jack. Sparrow. I hit on you (in front of my date) at the Hyatt bar. Please reply to this if you'd be interested in hearing what I *didn't* get to say...

PostingID: 1940245965.

The best Wolverine I've ever seen. Hands down.

Dragon*Con; You were Wolverine, and I was Poison Ivy - w4m - 25 (Marriott, Atlanta, GA)
Date: 2010-09-07, 4:16PM EDT

I can't figure out why I left without getting your contact information. I know your name is Dan, and you make leather jackets. You were the best Wolverine I've ever seen. We talked for a while, just standing in the crowd. I wish I could find a picture of us. Hopefully, I'll see you at another convention soon. :)

* Location: Marriott, Atlanta, GA
PostingID: 1941535217

Doctor Who reference for the win:

Spencer, I need a hug. - w4m - 28 (Dragon*Con)
Date: 2010-09-06, 11:31PM EDT

If I had a TARDIS, I'd go back and make myself ask you to dinner. Temporal paradoxes be damned.

* Location: Dragon*Con
PostingID: 1940277861

Going incognito:

Blond/White dom at the Marriot bar - m4w - 28 (Dragon*Con)
Date: 2010-09-07, 5:22PM EDT

You were the blond at the Marriot bar on Sunday. You were in regular clothes. I was across the bar getting a drink+shot. I was in a button up striped shirt.

I could have sworn you were previously in a white dom outfit the day before. Hot. Were you at frolicon?

I saw you a few more times throughout the con. Would love to meet up.

* Location: Dragon*Con
PostingID: 1941657755

Would you feel intimidated if this character started chatting up your girlfriend?

Eddie looking for Ophilia - m4w (Marriott hotel, Saturday night)
Date: 2010-09-07, 1:35AM EDT

I was dressed up as Eddie Riggs and saw you in the Marriott Saturday night. You invited me over and we talked about our costumes with your boyfriend (?). He was dressed as Eddie as well but I was getting the feeling that he didnt want me around. My friend took some pictures of the three of us together and I got a couple of pics of you and your Eddie. I'd like to get the chance to talk with you some more if you're interested. If nothing else I'd like to send you copies of the photos we got. Hope to hear from you soon.

* Location: Marriott hotel, Saturday night
PostingID: 1940373387

Love on the dance floor:

Cassie, let me know if you're interested - Dragon*Con - m4w (Sunday night rave)
Date: 2010-09-07, 1:10AM EDT

Hi Cassie,

I really enjoyed talking to you while we walked to the rave and getting to watch you dance was amazing. I loved how you were always smiling, as if you were somewhere safe while you were dancing. I thought I saw you outside our hotel when I checked out this morning but I couldnt tell if that was you sitting in the white car across the parking lot.

You didnt seem interested in me "that way" but I'd like to stay in touch and watch you dance again next year.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

-Chris

* Location: Sunday night rave
PostingID: 1940358815

Emphasis added.

And who can forget the casual encounters:

Dragon Con Guy Wants Super Hero to Push Him Around - m4w - 35 (Dragon Con)
Date: 2010-09-05, 3:09PM EDT

At Dragon Con for one more day and night. Would really like somebody in a costume to knock me around a little. Can role play if want. I'm the crime and you're the justice. Not interested in sex, keep your outfit on, just need a good costumed roughing up. Drop me a line.

* Location: Dragon Con
PostingID: 1938012568

Any other night of the year, this would be the most poorly attended swingers' party of all time:

Dragon Con - Alien vs Predator Interstellar Swinger Party (Dragon Con - Sheraton)
Date: 2010-09-04, 7:08PM EDT

Full Alien or Predator costume required. All single women and couples will be accepted. There will be limited spots for single men. I will send out the time and room number to all who qualify.

* Location: Dragon Con - Sheraton
PostingID: 1937012452

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Showing 1-1 of 1

Showing 1-1 of 1