If you haven't been pickin' up what the literary folks have been puttin' down, Thursday night might be a good chance to get in the mix.
Atlanta-based writers' group Kill Your Darlings ATL is hosting Roll the Dice: A Night of Literary Heresy on Thurs., Dec. 16 at WonderRoot.
There are some great names on the docket:
- Solar Anus literary event honcho and super cool local author Blake Butler headlines with a reading from his upcoming novel, There Is No Year.
- PonY payroll Bones' Matt Proctor, who already makes a habit out of blurring the line between spoken word and music, will be doing...umm...one or the other (it will probably sound the same either way.)
- Allison Lubel - Purge ATL
- Melysa Martinez - AreYouShaved, CBS Radio, Creative Loafing (oh hey, we know her.)
- Davy Minor - OhmPark, Dear Bear Wolf
- Andrew Page - Lobster Mobster Poetry Collective (go here to read an interview with Lobster Mobster founder Ben Leake.)
And on the music end of the night, the lilting, air-popped Little Tybee and the delightfully swing-hazy Christ, Lord are playing. (So much Ryan Gregory in this night; he's in both bands. You'll like it.)
Roll the Dice: A Night of Literary Heresy. Thurs., Dec. 16. 8 p.m.-1 a.m. WonderRoot. 982 Memorial Drive.
I can't speak to the complexities south of Dekalb Avenue -- but Atlanta BeltLine made…
what a stupid story.... that is the problem with black people "only 50-50 chance of…
@ citizen That's about 5 minutes' worth of time, and I am not about to…
HYROCODONE, ACTAVIS PROMETH with CODEINE, OXYCONTIN, NEMBUTAL, MANDRAX(QUAALUDE), PAIN PILLS & ASSORTED WE DO RETAILS…
Fill it in & have a shallow lake .
>Hard to say what preconceived notions some people carry into a movie with them, but…