X-Men First Class is a prequel to the previous X-films and recasts such notable actors as Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart. Film School Rejects has a handy list of who plays whom, from left to right:
* Michael Fassbender as Magneto — Pre-helmet.
* Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggart — Nobel-winning expert in genetic mutation.
* January Jones as Emma Frost — Sporting, naturally, some duds from Frederick’s of Hollywood.
* Jason Flemyng as Azazel — Nightcrawler’s daddy.
* Nicholas Hoult as Beast — Looking sort of like the blue Hulk here.
* Lucas Till as Havok — Cyclops’s plasma-blasting younger brother.
* Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore — An ice-blasting left hand, a fire-blasting right, and acid spit. Not bad.
* Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique — Keeping the classic movie make-up intact.
* James McAvoy as Professor X — Standing!
Comic book geeks will appreciate that some of the characters seem to be wearing the same costumes the first X-Men wore in the 1960s. Even January Jones' kinky outfit is authentic. Overall, though, it's murky, awkwardly Photoshopped and likely to dim audiences hopeful that director Matthew Vaughn can improve on the previous X-Men movies. And it doesn't even include Kevin Bacon as bad guy Sebastian Shaw.
You can only read so much into an on-set photograph, especially from modern superhero movies and their reliance on post-production special effects. The shot below, one of several released from Captain America a few months ago, is an exception to the rule. You'd think we'd have trailer for Captain America: The First Avenger by now, but this image, of Chris Evans as Steve Rogers, I think could be a great teaser poster - it conveys the gritty, reasonably realistic World War II setting of the film, with Captain America's shield hinting at superheroics to come. There's a little mystery about Captain America, since we can't see his face, and he seems to be with a group of enlisted men fighting the war in Europe, while standing separate from them. (Plus, by showcasing Cap's old medieval-style shield, as opposed to the round one he'd eventually carry, it hints at the characters history.) This image, in fact, makes me more excited about Captain America than anything I've seen from X-Men, Spider-man, The Green Lantern or Thor.
The lady cave
I want to know more about the lawsuit as well. I was promised help getting…
I have been HIV positive for 7 years and long for the day to be…
The drill should be called Andrew Jones, and the hole called the Gold Club.
I am curious, Mr. Driskell by what you said about Fulton County's General Fund. It…
I thought Kasim Ream was the name of Arthur's Johnson.