I just received an interesting package in the mail.
1. An envelope inside the manila envelope, one of those standard white business envelopes with a clear cellophane address window revealing a $10 bill. On the front of the envelope it says: "for you." On the back: "Follow your narrative urge! #14."
2. A note, bookended with hearts, that reads:
Thank you for opening the envelope. The money is real. This is not an ad campaign or sales pitch — it's an art project. Please save the story fragment enclosed, use the hints and find me.
And is stamped on the back with a UFO and the text: "sited by Horace Burgess above the Biltmore House: UFO RSNQHDR (NOT LOW)"
3. A clue on a torn slip of paper that reads:
14. Southern women have a natural relationship with the earth. It may have been bred during the Civil War, when genteel ladies suddenly found themselves in charge of entire vast farms in the absence of their husbands.
I'm intrigued, but also on deadline, so I thought I'd make this a group effort and open up the floor for ideas on how to proceed. I'll be the first to admit, I'm no natural born code cracker (although I'm pretty amazing at crosswords). Not sure what the $10 is for, but professional ethics prohibit me from keeping the moolah. So, if it doesn't get used somehow in the scavenger hunt, whoever figures out the mystery gets $10.
Leave your ideas in the comments below, or if you're feeling covert, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line CLUE.
@ eric pfeifer
1. I read the newspaper articles at the time, I saw the…
@ eric pfeifer
"since we both believe the other is a fool i guess we'll…
Hey, what's that paper he's holding in his hand? Is it his indictment?
Man somebody woke up on the wrong side of the hay stack today.
Eric, I don't believe the accuracy of your numbers. Many in Israel aren't happy with…
The GWCC is part of the State of Georgia. Are you also going to claim…