“We are grateful to be a part of the thriving film industry in this great city. The business here is flourishing, due to Georgia’s film incentive and the support of The City of Atlanta. We are pleased to partner with Mayor Reed and be part of his vision of economic development and opportunity. Stage 6 will be finished in February, 2012, just in time for the television pilot season,” said Chris Cooney.
"It's hard to believe that just one short year ago, this site of the former Lakewood Fairgrounds was a vacant lot overrun with kudzu and weeds with a fairly bleak future," Mayor Reed said. "But thanks to everyone at EUE/Screen Gems and many of the people here today, this is an expanding, full-scale, state-of-the-art film studio where between 200-300 people come to work on an average day. The significant investment being made here has had a tremendous economic and cultural impact on the entire City of Atlanta. Not only has this partnership provided valuable job opportunities to our residents, but it has also had a positive impact on Lakewood’s neighboring areas.”
Kris Bagwell, executive vice president for the Atlanta studios, says the company has worked with BET Networks on three shows: “Let’s Stay Together,” “Sunday Best” and most recently, “The Game." Other production partners include Paramount Pictures, Turner’s Cartoon Network and Tyler Perry Studios. USA Network’s new show, “Necessary Roughness” booked Stage 5 before construction was completed and will return next spring. Two films are scheduled for Stage 5 while “Necessary Roughness” is on hiatus.
EUE/Screen Gems Atlanta BY THE NUMBERS:
* 32 acres of land leased from the City of Atlanta in the Lakewood area in a 50-year lease
* 30,000 sq ft of sound stage space will be offered by Stage 6
* 80,500 sq ft of total sound stage space will be available on the lot when Stage 6 is completed
* 35,000 sq ft of flex space available for wardrobe, plaster, mill and prop storage.
* 24,000 sq ft of finished production office space with high-speed, wireless Internet
* Four existing, Spanish Mission-style buildings were renovated on site
* 37,500 sq ft: Stage 5’s capacity. It was finished this spring and is one of the largest sound stages east of Los Angeles.
* $9 million investment by EUE/Screen Gems into the Atlanta location with the completion of Stage 6. The company does NOT receive refunds or rebates of any kind through the Georgia film incentive.
* 250 to 300 people have been working on the studio lot on an average day over the past 12 months.
I listen to you every morning..great show..love it
Hey long time friend, welcome to Atlanta..can't wait to see you and the family..trying to…
Who the fuck doesn't like baseball???
Hip hip, hooray! Also, kick rocks Sutton
The adults? So adults boo the invocation? They walk out and occupy the media tent?…