As Priscilla Borders, the education committee spokesperson for Fourth Ward Neighbors, Inc., says: "There's nothing new here. At least it's out of the demographers' hands. Now it's up to the superintendent."
You can read the recommendations here, although I'm not sure why you would do so. As I noted in my cover story last week, the only thing that matters at this point are Superintendent Erroll B. Davis's recommendations to the board, which he will post on the APS website Sunday.
That said, here are my favorite hedge sentences from the demographers' recommendations (my comments in parentheses):
• "At this point we have not addressed the appropriate phasing of these recommendations or their fiscal implications to the District." (Nor will we, because our checks are cashed.)
• "We have also chosen not to prepare a map of illustrating the recommendations outlined below and instead direct reviewers to appropriate sections of the Options A and B maps currently posted on the APS web site." (Why would you? That would take more work.)
• "Expand Springdale Park or create a kindergarten center that would serve Springdale Park, Mary Lin and Morningside." (We just couldn't make up our minds. Do you have a random number generator? Use that. Works like a coin flip.)
• "Merge Hill Hope [sic] and Cook, reserving the final decision on which facility to keep open after considering other factors not addressed in the scope of this study." (That one's a hot potato. Not it!)
• "Merge Herndon and Bethune elementary Schools, reserving the final decision on which facility to keep open after considering other factors not addressed in the scope of this study." (We love that line. It solves everything.)
• "... the Consultant Team acknowledges that these measures do not fully accomplish Superintendent Davis’ objective to eliminate all split feeders and maintain consistent school clusters throughout APS from the elementary through high school grades." (We would have liked to, but it was hard. Also, this strategic failure sets us up this next point beautifully...)
• "We would be open to evaluating such alternatives in order to assist Superintendent Davis in making his recommendation to the School Board." (Contract extension! Boo-ya!)
It sounds like Deal is really uncomfortable about this since he's obviously trying to absolve…
They can receive emergency care for pneumonia, perhaps. But (a) They lost the opportunity to…
i'm sorry, i just can't a grown man seriously with a nickname like "bubba".
I wonder if they also payed Bubba McDonald for a lap dance and a 'happy…
Quick! Somebody get the Satanic Temple on the line: