This video was sent out this morning by the State of Georgia Tea Party with this message:
Folks you must watch this 53 sec video from the Lanier Tea Party. It is really good.
With an endorsement like that, how could we not watch?
It's only 52 seconds, actually, so I'll let you take in its "T-SPLOST IS EVIL" message. The thing I can't stop marveling at are the punctuation and capitalization choices made. The highlights:
* :04 "Not One Cent ...." - Starts off with capping every word, and using four periods as ellipses instead of three. Bold.
* :05 "One Percent" - Spells out "percent" instead of using % (see "1 %" at :02). Odd.
* :08 "This is going to Add up fast!" - I'm okay with using an exclamation point here. But we've switched to sentence case, although "Add" refuses to give up its capital A. Defiant.
* :11 "They say it will go to maintain this...." - Sentence case, no space after last word but still four periods for ellipses. I think we've settled on a style. Thumbs up.
* :14 "And Fix This....." - Gaaaaah! We're back to capping words! And now we've got five periods! Anarchy!
* :18 "But your hard earned money will really go to this...." - You know, I don't care about not hyphenating the compound adjective. I'm just relieved this roller-coaster has reached level ground. Sentence case. No space. Four periods.
* :25 We're back to capitalizing one word ("Tax"), we're mixing sentence case and all-caps, only three periods for the ellipses. Uncle.
You get the idea. I'm working on an algorithm that identifies the pattern here. Also, can you help Gwynedd and me figure out what the music is most like? She says it's horror-movie genre, I say sci-fi evil guy, kinda Darth Vadar-ish.
What's your beef with Dawkins?
Anyone who has stepped inside a MARTA elevator will know that a ferris wheel in…
If you really believe that the city can't be trusted with even ten cents, then…
"I fully understand the difficulty in having a conversation with anyone so entrenched in ANY…
Mattie90120, is it possible that people simply believe that spending over HALF A BILLION PUBLIC…
Hysteria is the perfect word. If you even hint at supporting a new stadium and…