- Pop acts come and pop acts go in town all the time, but what makes this visit by British super boy band One Direction different is that band member Niall Horan got the phone number of The Bert Show's Kristin Klingshirn ... and proceeded to text her later! Directioners everywhere explode with jealous rage and animated gifs.
- English tabloid press The Daily Mail also found the boys' trip to ATL to be worth documenting, particularly how "American" they look (except ... )
- Friend Cassie Young, who also works at The Bert Show, got a hug from Niall and a kiss on the cheek from Harry. When asked what that was like, she replied, "His lips were like angels singing soft lullabies right before midnight on Christmas." You heard it here first!
- In a big week for our town, President Obama happened to drop in as well. In addition to stopping by the Varsity, he wanted to drop by the set of 42, the Jackie Robinson biopic currently filming near (or in) the Biltmore, but ultimately did not.
- After all of that, this updates seems rather underwhelming, although mostly it's just plain odd: According to the AJC's Rodney Ho "Random sighting at the National Center of Civil and Human Rights groundbreaking: Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls) last seen on Mad Men." Welcome?
- I.D. Theft, starring Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy, filmed this week at the Georgian Terrace, as well as Capitol Ave, Mitchell St and Piedmont Rd. This is said to be their last week of filming.
- "Necessary Roughness is filming at Ecco [Wednesday]. Typing that made me want some fried goat cheese." - @AJCBuzz
- Devil's Knot, starring Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth has been filming in Morrow.
- The Walking Dead's production is back in Senoia and Newnan where they have been filming lots of exterior scenes. This week they were spotted ... well, pretty much everywhere around there.
- Ring of Fire, starring Jewel, filmed at St. Joseph's Hospital earlier this week. The production was also looking for extras Thursday to attend a concert by Jewel as June Carter Cash - did anyone attend?
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Especially during this slow summer season. Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
He didn't ask for any of this. She took it upon herself to start this…
Not a huge fan of the ankle cuff sneakers that Serena (and KD) are wearing…
Kind of strange that some random lady started a GoFundMe for that kid. I'm curious…
Can Tim Lee get any more pitiful?
Are my nards going to get irradiated?
sarcasm, and the lost art therein.