1. An Atlanta Police officer was involved in a fatal shooting in Inman Park early last night after responding to a 911 call of a possible car burglary near 429 N. Highland Ave. After confronting the suspect, “The officer and suspect became engaged in a physical altercation that escalated to the officer shooting the suspect,” Atlanta Police spokesperson John Chafee said in a written statement. The officer has been put on routine leave pending investigation. Police are still working to identify the suspect believed to be a man in his mid-thirties.
2. Two child protection workers in Moscogee County near Columbus were arrested yesterday for allegedly tampering with child abuse reports and encouraging others to lie so their branch of the Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) could hold on to millions in federal grant money.
3. Gary “GZA” Grice, a hip-hop artist and one of the founding members of the Wu-Tang Clan, is about to drop some knowledge. After meeting with top physicists and cosmologists at MIT and Cornell Univeristy, the 45-year-old high school drop-out is getting ready to put out his “Dark Matter” album, the first in a series of releases aimed at getting a wider audience hooked on science.
4. A go-go dancer has been sentenced to 80 years in prison and a lifetime of probation by a Douglas County court for prostituting teens, among other charges. Steven Donald Lemery, the 37-year-old suspect, will be eligible for parole in 50 years.
5. Police have issued an arrest warrant for the male suspect in a dynamic duo of robbers that brought their baby along on crimes to distract potential victims they then robbed at gunpoint, police said. The Buckhead community continues to be on the lookout for the female suspect. The incident has sparked public safety meetings and driven nearby condo owners to add additional security.
6. Introducing Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The Board Game. (glass pipe and scale not included thanks to legal issues)
“Once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”
— Hunter S. Thompson.
Another day, another projected label from JF. You couldn't get the tea bagger label to…
JF, you might sound more convincing if you hadn't spent the past few months yelling…
Fast and Furious
where can we download that ATL crime blotter app? I can't find it on either…
was anyone in the crowd wearing a horse head?
Is it me or does it seem like the GA Tea Party Patriots' (or at…