There were tears. There were cheers. There were... no balloons at the end?!? What the hell was that? (I honestly wondered if it had something to do with the global helium shortage.)
Before we hop to the photos, some quick reflections and links.
* The president's speech: Good. But not as good as Clinton's. Or Michelle Obama's. Or former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords leading the arena in the Pledge of Allegiance. Or Congressman John Lewis' speech, which garnered four standing ovations. Here's where National Journal's Ron Fournier thinks Obama fell short.
* Biden's speech: Call me crazy but I liked it.
* Quasi-useless social media factoids: Activity on Twitter apparently skyrocketed when the president promised he'd "never turn Medicare into a voucher."
* For those of you who are into gawking at celebrities at political events...
* And here's a little something for folks who are wondering how Romney will deal with extrajudicial assassinations of American citizens via drones.
* "Street preachers wheel around their giant crosses."
Annnnnd we're finished. President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney can go back to speaking to carefully selected crowds at carefully choreographed campaign stops and brainstorming how they'll twist uncomfortable questions into talking points during TV debates. And we get CL Photo Editor Joeff Davis back in the office.
Dirt Diggler (No, it's not a prosthetic drill.) Rock Biter (They look like good, strong…
The lady cave
I want to know more about the lawsuit as well. I was promised help getting…
I have been HIV positive for 7 years and long for the day to be…
The drill should be called Andrew Jones, and the hole called the Gold Club.