There were tears. There were cheers. There were... no balloons at the end?!? What the hell was that? (I honestly wondered if it had something to do with the global helium shortage.)
Before we hop to the photos, some quick reflections and links.
* The president's speech: Good. But not as good as Clinton's. Or Michelle Obama's. Or former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords leading the arena in the Pledge of Allegiance. Or Congressman John Lewis' speech, which garnered four standing ovations. Here's where National Journal's Ron Fournier thinks Obama fell short.
* Biden's speech: Call me crazy but I liked it.
* Quasi-useless social media factoids: Activity on Twitter apparently skyrocketed when the president promised he'd "never turn Medicare into a voucher."
* For those of you who are into gawking at celebrities at political events...
* And here's a little something for folks who are wondering how Romney will deal with extrajudicial assassinations of American citizens via drones.
* "Street preachers wheel around their giant crosses."
Annnnnd we're finished. President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney can go back to speaking to carefully selected crowds at carefully choreographed campaign stops and brainstorming how they'll twist uncomfortable questions into talking points during TV debates. And we get CL Photo Editor Joeff Davis back in the office.
Mo gibs muh 'dat.
One step forward, two steps back.
Hey "Here's Your Editorial", what does Dale Earnhardt Junior have to do with this article?
I would bet Don Balfour chews with his mouth open and sweats profusely the entire…
Paying to have dinner with Bubba McDonald... ugh, just ugh. The only thing that could…