Somewhat buried in the city's press release about opening the new bike lanes near Tech Square, unveiling the free CycleAtlanta app, and kicking off City Hall's first-ever Bike Expo — all in one day — was this nugget of information about the city's plans for bicycling infrastructure:
Over the next three years, the City of Atlanta is poised to construct 34 miles of high-quality bicycle routes, paths and other facilities. These projects include [ed. we added the links]:
* New bicycle lanes along Auburn Avenue and Edgewood Avenue linking the Old Fourth Ward to Georgia State University.
* Georgia’s first protected one-way cycle track along Juniper Street connecting Piedmont Park to downtown Atlanta.
* Buffered bicycle lanes along Ponce de Leon Avenue providing a direct link from the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail and Ponce City Market to the heart of Midtown.
* Two-way cycle track between Centennial Olympic Park and Freedom Park.
* Bicycle lanes and cycle track connection between Brownwood Park and Grant Park.
* Direct connection between the Atlanta University Center, Castleberry Hill and downtown Atlanta.
* Over nine miles of shared-use path connections in northeast, northwest, southeast and southwest Atlanta connecting various business districts, parks and schools.
We first heard from a source that funding for the buffered bike lanes along Ponce de Leon Avenue — a project that could really help change how people move through the city — was expected to be allocated in 2014. We're waiting for more details and will update when we hear word.
This article, as well as every comment everyone has left here, as well as any…
The more revenue the stadium generates, them more tax revenue the state generates, since they…
you're crazy and your only saving grace is that your craziness prevents you from recognizing…
*****UNHIJACKED THREAD POST REVITALIZER****************
Pretty good recent vid, climate change hoax intermixed:
ok this my limit, i will be dragged no deeper.
have fun jerking yourself…
@ Plain Talk
The State owns it and gets all the rent, even though it…