- STK remains the place to see and be seen for celebrities in town, including model Tyson Beckford (there with a lady friend, sorry other ladies) Sunday, as well as Joe Manganiello and four of his friends on Tuesday night.
- On Tuesday, Arnold Schwarznegger and a guest stopped by Cucina Asellina. Arnold was overheard talking about his current film project (Ten, which co-stars Manganiello).
- The cast of "The Walking Dead" was spotted at Tavern 74 for what I believe is called a "No Death Dinner" (so quite a few cast members were missing, you can imagine). @briangranger81 (Greenville, SC native and my favorite tipster this week) has some nice pics.
- Morgan Freeman, here filming Last Vegas along with Robert De Niro and Michael Douglas, was nice enough to take a pic with members of Dunwoody's PD during some filming down time.
- Ice Cube, filming Ride Along, tweeted out a picture of co-star Kevin Hart from their set at the Gold Room: "@icecube: If this movie thing don't workout. Kevin [Hart] is thinking about the stripper pole."
- Maria Bello has signed for Prisoners, (also starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal) which is scheduled to start filming here in January. The movie follows a small-town carpenter (Jackman) who takes the law into his own hands after the police fail to rescue his kidnapped daughter. According to Georgia.org, the movie is accepting crew resumes for all positions.
- Interesting tidbit: "The popular television show 'The Vampire Diaries' has been filming in Covington for the past four seasons. But some residents and business owners are sick of the constant filming."
- Very exciting, I just got a tip Tuesday that Showtime's Emmy-winning drama "Homeland" could film in Atlanta next season ...
- Ride Along, starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, filmed at the Gold Room this week.
- "The Walking Dead" is filming in downtown Senoia (i.e. Woodbury on the show) this week. For more, be sure to visit the great Walking Dead Locations.
- I thought The Anna Nicole Smith Project had packed up and left down, but as of Monday they were still filming around Buckhead.
- Last Vegas, staring Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas and Robert De Niro, has been filming at 3358 Chamblee Tucker Road in Chamblee. They also set up filming at the Velvet Room.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire filmed at the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta this week, and here is a cool picture of it.
- Ten, starring Arnold Schwarznegger, was filmed in Loganville this week.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Especially during this slow summer season. Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
I'm just surprised at the rapid fire speed they're constructing these buildings. I take it…
it's hard to tell. usually trolls say things that are so outrageous that it's hilarious…
"I thought tradition meant nothing to lefties. Traditional marriage doesn't deserve respect just because of…
I thought Plain Talk is Simple Pete not to be confused with the real Pete....what…
Dang, I so wanted the "Jon Jones for District 2" swag, so I could re-sell…
Should Jon Jones hire someone like Anne Fauver to assist him with his election paperwork?…