"For just one year of funding, this would have a big impact, adding 15 miles of high quality bicycle infrastructure to our city," the coalition wrote on its blog. "To put this in context, cities like Washington DC and Seattle build 10-15 miles of bike lanes annually. Those are pretty good cities to have in our bike-friendly sights!"
Funding for the projects, the ABC says, would come from leftover bond funding, which would also pay for streetscape and bridge improvements. The Atlanta City Council Finance and Executive Committee began considering the proposal yesterday.
Among them, courtesy of ABC:
* James P Brawley "bike boulevard" (1st in city) connecting Atlanta University Center to neighborhoods with mini traffic circles and other improvements
* 2-way cycle track on Peachtree Center Ave between Edgewood and Peachtree, to allow cyclists to bypass the streetcar tracks coming to that section of Peachtree Street and better connect to east/west bicycle routes
* A road diet adding bike lanes on Decatur Street, from Jesse Hill to Jackson, connecting GSU to the King Center MARTA station
* Murphy Ave bike lanes, creating better connectivity for residents of Southwest Atlanta and neighboring cities East Point and College Park
* 10th St cycle track on bridge to create a safer crossing
* 10th Street cycle track from Piedmont to Monroe, connecting with the BeltLine Eastside Trail
* Charles Allen/Parkway cycle track or bike lanes
* Krog Street & tunnel add sharrows and lighting, improve pavement in tunnel
* Peachtree St install sharrows on most of Peachtree, bike lanes on wide section over the interstate, connecting with Peachtree Ave cycle track to Edgewood
* 2-way cycle track from Peters St to Mitchell St bridge, connecting Mitchell Street bike lanes with Castleberry Hill neighborhood
* West Peachtree upgrade bike lane to standard width
* 5th Street upgrade bike lane and improvement pavement
* McLendon add bike lanes from Arizona to Howard
* Edgewood Ave upgrade bike lanes and intersection improvements (eg bike boxes)
The Russian espionage angle is a red scare tactic floated by the Clinton team and…
Isn't the Atlanta area crime due mostly to people with multiple felonies and other repeat…
Mosby had a weak case to begin and tried to start a stampede with inflammatory…
how bout some more pics of the GA delegation?
I've never seen a Green Party candidate be a drooling tool of the GOP before!…
Well well well, absolutely shocking that Jill Stein would eventually align herself with Trump in…