- Happy Shaq Year: Shaquille O'Neal was at Davio's last Wednesday for dinner, chowing on the Philly Cheesesteak Spring Rolls.
- Usher was spotted in L5P last week, which is apparently a popular place to see him.
- Carolina Panthers Quarterback Cam Newton cheated on Charlotte and spent some time here in Atlanta shopping at Lenox on Wednesday.
- Former Steelers wide receiver (and "Dancing With the Stars" winner) Hines Ward was seen at the LA Fitness in Sandy Springs. Peachy Scoop has the pic if seeing a dude being sweaty on the treadmill is of interest to you.
- Tim Tebow was in town for New Years Eve, having dinner at Del Frisco's Grille.
- Meanwhile T.I. and his wife Tiny rang in the new year at Reign.
- Like House of Hookah? Falcons superstar John Abraham does. Or at least, he was a patron there the other night (rest up for the playoffs, Abraham!)
- Keith Powell, better known as "Toofer" from "30 Rock" was spotted at a Barnes and Noble in town earlier this week.
News and Casting
- Spike TV's tattoo reality competition series "Ink Master" is currently casting for season 3. They are "in search of those who have artistic and creative tattoo skills with an outgoing, dynamic personality!In this exciting series, highly skilled tattoo artists from around the country will compete in a high stakes competition for the chance to win a $100,000 cash prize and the coveted title of Ink Master." Interested? Then go to the W Atlanta Midtown on January 18th from 10am to 2pm. Good luck!
- The Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Ten, which filmed around Atlanta, including on Lake Lanier, is set to debut in January ... of 2014.
- "Former Grant Park denizen and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host Ty Pennington has signed on for a new monthly show on Atlanta-based HLN. Dubbed "American Journey," the series will debut January 12 at 8 p.m."
- Well, the world didn't end in 2012 despite headlines like this: "TLC scares up some 'HOLLAday' specials with Honey Boo Boo and her family. Alana, her mom, dad and sisters celebrate Halloween with pumpkin picking and a corn maze." #Georgia'sOwn
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Especially during this slow summer season. Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
Imagine that, a developer running regional planning. Does Jeff Fuqua know about this?
Great picture and caption.
cep, i hope you become homeless.
I think a lot of folks misunderstood President Jimmy Carter's "Malaise" speech. I don't see…
I can see why Deal is already trying to smear Carter: he's 38, lives in…
Kasim sure doesn't seem to be shy about throwing his weight behind highly flawed allies…