Walking Dead ain't got nothing on Georgia's 'real' zombie fighters:
When the Zombies Come, a nearly 10-minute mockumentary set to air at this week's Sundance Film Festival has already racked up more than 55,000 views since debuting on YouTube less than 24 hours ago. But the setting for the "hardware store in the middle of nowhere" isn't quite as remote as we're led to believe. In fact, it's shot right here in metro Atlanta at an Ace Hardware on Dogwood Road in Lawrenceville.
A store associate named "Joey," who declined to give his last name, said he couldn't comment on the video and referred us to Ace's corporate press office. (We've called, and will update when we hear back).
At least one of the employees is currently on vacation, attending the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.
Apparently, Ace Hardware didn't find the video as amusing as the thousands of other folks who stumbled across it online. Shortly after the video was posted to YouTube yesterday, Ace left this response:
1. "We deeply value our customers and are deeply offended by this video." ... Maybe a lot of zombies shop at Ace, but more likely the old folks from #3 started a fierce 'write your congressman' campaign. (0:00)
2. SURVIVAL 101: "Everybody can come, just no kids and no bitches because it's all about survival and we're not there to take care of everybody." (1:58)
3. Retirement homes are great for target practice. (4:20)
4. "No shows ever teach you what happens to zombies in the rain. So why stay unalert, just incase they become super crazy when it starts to rain?" (5:12)
5. Green Eggs = survival (7:50) #firstworldproblems
H/T @ChadATL for the link
UPDATE: There's now an open letter to Ace Hardware from fans of the film. If you've made it this far, you might as well go read the whole thing.
Greetings to the general public, i want to tell the hole world about how i…
Hotlanta, much like Ed Hardy clothing, simply can never be ironically good.
There are two swanky Indigo Hotels in Atlanta - one is at the Fox theater…
College Park is a schitthole anyway.
The problem is pretending some of our neighbors do not exist by failing to acknowledge…
didn't realize white hands were such a problem. maybe if you paint them black? https://www.instagram.com/p/_fxeWCIH9B/?ta……